You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Whirlwind attack.  (Read 1204 times)

divine-darkness

• New to the Mists
Whirlwind attack.
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:20:43 AM »

Hey all,

Sometimes, and I can't find a precise pattern as to why, when I use whirlwind attack it doesn't actually proc the ability. My char will just stand there. The really bad part is that after I cancel the animation I can no longer attack until I relog. Naturally, in a fight against a mob this has caused me to die a few times and its an bit very frustrating.

Given the size of some of this mod mobs and, given that the ability fits so well into the way I'd imagine my char fighting, I don't want to give it up. But for now, I think I have to.

best,
Divinity.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Re: Whirlwind attack.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:31:39 AM »
It's a bug with something to do with the operating system.  Not sure why, but if you do whirlwind attack with exactly three enemies, it locks you up.  Some folks say it can be other numbers, but it definitely triggers on three enemies!

divine-darkness

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »
It's a bug with something to do with the operating system.  Not sure why, but if you do whirlwind attack with exactly three enemies, it locks you up.  Some folks say it can be other numbers, but it definitely triggers on three enemies!

So, it is known. Think its something that can fixed? I've not seen it with other server/chars/local in the past.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »

So, it is known. Think its something that can fixed? I've not seen it with other server/chars/local in the past.

Perhaps in EE.

It doesn't happen on Windows-hosted games, which is most likely why you haven't experienced it previously.

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Whirlwind_attack

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.