Author Topic: Kalen Hael, Prodigal Son  (Read 624 times)

Savn

• New to the Mists
Kalen Hael, Prodigal Son
« on: December 01, 2018, 02:53:21 AM »
It was a couple hours before dawn, and the mist clinged to the pond surface and trees of the mist camp, and Kalen Hael, warrior priest of Ilmater found himself unable to sleep. The large man, in worn white robes, a red cord tied around his waist sat by the waters edge, oiling and sharpening his blade, his thoughts on the woman that had helped him find the path again, the half-elven doctor and monster hunter, Vivian Labeoux. It had been months since they had last spoken, bantering here by the pond, before wishing the other good night and withdrawing to their own tents. Kalen had left early the next day, and seen or heard nothing of her since. As days passed, and others making mention of her absence, Kalen had left to search for her. Vivian would have chided him for a baby for worrying about her, but he owed her too much to not look. The search had proven futile, and months later Kalen found himself back at the mist camp. Hours passed, and slowly dawn arrived, and light pierced the camp canopy, and there was enough light to write. Kallen pulled out a leather bound journal, one of many filled over the past half year, and started to write.

Too many memories at the mist camp for me to sleep, but tomorrow I will be back at Vallaki, and can find a room and hopefully a restful night at the inn. No sign of the good doctor, but I will keep searching. I owe her too much to stop. Even these words I write I owe to her. And one of the reasons I continue to write, is to honor and respect the time she took to teach me. Some things I am still not ready to put to words, but there is a healing effect in putting thoughts to paper. Sorting through ones mind, in the same way a weakened limb gains back its old strenght.

I will keep searching but until I learn something new, I will stay near Valakki, and help others in her memory, and pay honor to the only one who I owe greater debt to. The Crying God. The way I work to repay the debt I owe both is the same. Lessening the suffering of others, carrying their burdens, and destroying monsters that would cause great suffering and cannot be reasoned with.[Quote/]

When I return to Vallaki I will see if old faced remain. Laethe, Morgan, and Morrigan I missed the most, but others too. I hope they still live.

Dawn has passed, and I need to eat something and start the travel back to Vallaki.

I miss you Vivan Labeoux. I hope wherever you are, you are safe and happy.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:58:15 AM by Savn »