Author Topic: Animal Companion RP-Possession.  (Read 1367 times)

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
Animal Companion RP-Possession.
« on: April 11, 2018, 05:15:13 PM »
The recent change to summon durations had me thinking. Given that it's relatively rare to see druid or ranger animal companions to really be used for combat anyway, is there any way to allow them to be possessed the way that familiars and summons can?

Canonically, the connection is different in terms of ability. Druids and Rangers can't speak through their companions or see through their companions the way wizards can familiars.. but that's also not the bit I'm interested in. Given that companion animals have to be revived if they die and aren't an especially powerful asset in higher level combat anyway, most people just have them out for RP. It'd be nice if you could more directly control the animal in order to facilitate role-play.

Is it even possible to allow?

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Animal Companion RP-Possession.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
@animal is the commad I believe, but it only lets you speak and emote, not move around
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:25:49 PM »
The ability to possess is hardcoded and only works with familiars, I have seen no reference to this being changed with EE so...

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:57:19 PM »
I think it's @familiar or @summon that lets you speak and emote. But only Sorcs and Wizards can possess their animal.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 07:03:55 PM »
The ability to possess is hardcoded and only works with familiars, I have seen no reference to this being changed with EE so...

That's a shame. Given they don't serve a whole lot of other purpose, it'd be nice to be able to control them more directly for RP.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 04:47:06 AM »

That's a shame. Given they don't serve a whole lot of other purpose, it'd be nice to be able to control them more directly for RP.

If you're thinking of a certain wizard and his skeleton, he's actually invisible and facing a certain direction, then using the "attack nearest" command to send them forward. If you enable detect mode then "attack nearest", it causes them to walk forward in a direct line where the PC is standing. Press Hold Ground to halt them when they get in the right spot. Then they use the @summon command to talk through them.

I only learned that subtle manipulation when recently micro-managing Gendarmes in port.