Author Topic: What do i need to know about NWN and Windows 10 (How to, compatibility, etc)  (Read 280 times)

suǝʇʇıɯ

• Undead Slayer
  • Illusionist
Veteran here, recently purchased a new lap top, and im trying to come back to the server after a 2 year break. Last time i played i was on an older machine and now this new computer has windows 10. Im not to familiar with this OS just yet, but i'd like to know what i need to do to get NWN to work with windows 10. I have not tried to install files which were purchased through gog.com. Any helpful advice or tipss and tricks would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!

Arawn

• CC, Developers, and
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
As long as you're running off GOG, should work pretty much out of the box.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

DM Wrath

• Dungeon Masters
  • Outlander
I've actually had some trouble with my GoG NWN before. I had to run it in compatbility mode with my windows 10 (Windows XP Service Pack 3) but it might be because I use a shortcut from the folders instead of launching it through Galaxy. Hopefully you won't have that problem at all.
No beast is more savage than man when possessed with power answerable to his rage.

suǝʇʇıɯ

• Undead Slayer
  • Illusionist
All is well, after re-installing through GoG the game runs flawlessly with win 10. Thanks fellas