Author Topic: Minor suggestion - Deliveries - Describe where to find the owner  (Read 2136 times)

A minor Glamour

Just a minor suggestion, it's difficult to find, in this case Vladimir Yanovich in Krofburg. Who is he and where is anyone expected to find him? It would be very helpful if the packages you deliver said where to find the person your delivering too. For instance they might say something like 'A package for Constantine Sergey the wood worker', that way you know to look for a wood workers shop.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Minor suggestion - Deliveries - Describe where to find the owner
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »
Could tweak them. Then again, asking other players for help is a cool way to get RP.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:30:26 AM »
I am fairly certain the description of the barrels tells you it is for the Krofburg General Store -- that, or the job offer. Although I may be wrong, it has been a while since I have done deliveries.

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 10:02:21 AM »
The description tells you its for the shopkeep yes.

A minor Glamour

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
Could tweak them. Then again, asking other players for help is a cool way to get RP.

Well that depends if there are other players in the particular town to ask, it would be helpful if the delivery items where checked to see if they give a clue where to find the recipient, also I didn't have the supply crates, it was a bag of letters.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:16:32 PM by A minor Glamour »

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 02:56:42 PM »
Only one I have an issue with is the Dvergeheim dwarf. It's so vague that I'm convinced a lot of players would have no idea who you're talking about when asked.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:43:46 PM by peps »

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 04:32:45 PM »
It really doesn't take that long to find them. Admittedly the dwarf for the Dvergheim deliveries is the trickiest one, but he's right next to the entrance of the area he's in so it's really just a question of looking around a bit. I've never had a delivery where I straight up couldn't find the person I was supposed to deliver to with a bit of searching (under ten minutes in every case).

A minor Glamour

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »
Well it feels like an oversight not to be told where to find the recipient in the conversation, or given a location on the item description. It seems a bit odd people are justifying having to search an entire town OOC to find who you have to give it too because you weren't told IC.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 03:50:30 PM »
Well it feels like an oversight not to be told where to find the recipient in the conversation, or given a location on the item description. It seems a bit odd people are justifying having to search an entire town OOC to find who you have to give it too because you weren't told IC.

I agree. IRL you would naturally ask the person giving you the job where to take it, rather than hope to find out later.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 05:03:58 PM »
From what I recall though, it tells you exactly where to deliver them on the item. Like "Supplies for Constantin at the Fisherman's Lodge" and the like. If you've never been to a town before, then sure you might have to look around a bit to find the place in question. It's been a while since I've had to really look at the items themselves when I do deliveries though, so maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.

Sasuga

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 01:19:50 AM »
I'm having difficulty now, this thread has helped. No PC I'm with knows.

The person giving the job should say, "General Store" the packages could. And, it's not like I can ask the NPCs where Vladmir is.

EDIT:

Still can't find the general store.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:12:28 AM by Sasuga »

Dale Keter

• Society of the Erudite
  • New to the Mists
  • Meow
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2022, 12:48:40 AM »
Edit: I found him.

I am bumping this to let you know that it was not at all clear where I was supposed to find Vladimir. At the time of this writing, I have not found him, but some helpful people in Discord gave me a spoiler. I wouldn't have figured it out without their help.

The mail delivery was easy because the guy was in the middle of the area.

I spent a while searching for the other NPC I had to deliver to because I didn't realize Krofburg proper was to the east of the Tent City. I thought Krofburg Tent City was the entire thing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:28:29 AM by Dale Keter »
We perceive reality through our perception of it. For all intents and purposes, perception is reality.