You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: -:| Penance |:-  (Read 672 times)

Mors Aeterna

• New to the Mists
-:| Penance |:-
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »

3/13/773

Oh Barovia, I thought you were a simple land that would afford me an even simpler execution of my task. It is with regret that I must admit my underestimation. The path to a new prosperity is riddled with crushed cobble and puddles of mud. Despite this, the trek is our only solution. We grew lackadaisical, and have a terrible burden to carry as penance. I would see us restored and heathen machinations driven out.

The Dung Dweller:

Useful enough and argued little with the tithing requirements once reasoned with. As the creature came from a world where the material is all they have, I was pleasantly surprised to see him comply. I hope to meet him again. I would be a shepherd to the lost lamb.

Will they recognize him…? Do they recognize me? Does my sacrifice of blood and treasure appease their insatiable envy…?

The Haven of Filth, both of them:

I would be derelict to ignore either place. It attracts an interesting and diverse pool of individuals that grants networking potential. I may be as useful to them as they are to me. But will efforts be combined, or will each of us press on to doom in our own direction?

Will they see my path to a new salvation, or spit in the eye of a readily apparent truth that defies the creature comforts these spiritual cripples have come to use as a crutch?

The Futile Monument, the Sin of Naivety:

Heads forever canted downward, ironically missing the sunrise they beg to grant them a mercy. Bad people? Not a soul amongst them. Woefully paddling up the river of apostasy. If I represented a church in poverty, I’d beg the sun for wheat – not hope.

The Pure Heart, The Feeble Mind:

So fortunate was he that I erred on the side of patience, much to my own chagrin. They will know our righteous vengeance. Complacency has lead us to ruin, but no longer.

I beg for forgiveness, but I must delay your stale bread today so your feast is grand tomorrow.

….Blood and copper goes unappreciated in times that demand flesh and gold….

…But who makes the sacrifice, and what is the altar….?

Whisper unto me your edicts, you will find only open ears and willing hands.