You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: On the Grand Scheme - Writings of Micham Aylows  (Read 721 times)

Maric Arnand

• Undead Slayer
  • The Gnome Master
On the Grand Scheme - Writings of Micham Aylows
« on: March 03, 2018, 03:42:59 AM »
I have left Home and made my way to the Grey City, To Vallaki in Barovia to try and better serve My Lady, the journey has been long, the road is not kind to to those who take it lightly.

I have made some friends, some better than others but, who is who I cannot yet say.

There is great joy to be had here, there is much to keep me busy, many to tend to, but there are also dangers.  Vicious beasts, worulphs and werreats. And Also those who are in appearance men.

I was on my way to Kroftburg when I was beset by beasts. This manthing helped me. But Also tried to kill me. I would have surely died had the lady of the mists not reached out and granted me her shield. But in doing so I ran, for my fear had overcome me at that point.

A brave face takes one only so far.

I will have to meditate more on this. I should have tried to win him to our lady but I was also Afraid. so very Afraid. What does one do when all you can do run? Stand and die and be forgotten in a week. Another name on the tally roll of the Dead.

I don't know. I must pray to our lady and ask her to guide me.

Acolyte Micham 3 March 773 Barovian Calendar

Kroftburg - Barovia.

Maric Arnand

• Undead Slayer
  • The Gnome Master
Re: On the Grand Scheme - Writings of Micham Aylows
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:35:11 AM »
Fear. Fear makes us do strange things at times.

It can make us run as fleet as a rabbit, or stand like a tree rooted in place. Or it can drive us to do things we could not dream of doing.

I felt its touch many times since my arrival in Barovia. Fear of falling, fear of beasts. Fear for the safety of a man I do not know held in the hands of one some would see only as a monster, or a thing to be killed like a dog gone mad.

I find I am less afraid for my own safety than of those I would protect. Those who come here tired and afraid and lost, lost in place and time and in Spirit.

I saw a man today, a man who had spent his life trying to heal and in the end became that which he fought against. I saw his face in the night, a face of one who was hurting in body and mind and spirit for he was doing that which he had for years fought to reverse the terrible workings of.

I saw his face again later, stained with tears and wearing a mask of sorrow. I felt my heart break as I watched him die. And yet I find a bit of peace in this, for his suffering is at an end now, he no longer serves the legion in this world.

I will always remember his face and his Name.

Allek Mars.

I did not know you, as a man when you lived. Only as the man, I saw you die as.

May you find rest in the Arms of the Lady in the Mists.

I have more thinking to do on this. And more counsel to be sought from Warden Garret and others, I must still work at understanding everything I have learned and seen and how all of this pertains to the Grand Scheme.

Acolyte Micham

4 March 773 Barovian Calendar

Vallaki - Barovia