You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Crooked Back  (Read 3415 times)

Troukk

• Dark Power
Crooked Back
« on: February 24, 2018, 06:06:36 PM »
February 24, 773

Crooked Back it means. In the tongue I spoke as a child.

They call me Tubur Dorsum as if it was my name, but it's not. It's just what I am. Not who I am.

Because I am nobody. People have names, but I don't have a name. So I'm not people, am I?

But that will change. He called me SON.

He will give me a name. I will cease to be something and will become someone.

How exciting.

Oh Master... OH FATHER!

I will die a hundred deaths for you, because you will give me the greatest gift of them all.
Not all who wander are lost.

Troukk

• Dark Power
Re: Crooked Back
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
February 25, 773

The graft was perfect in every way.

But last night it attacked me again. It's the second night it happens.

I do not know why it never fails during the day. I can't understand why it disobeyed during these nights in particular. It just doesn't make any sense.

Why is this happening to me?!

My face hurts. I will have to use the mask indefinitely. I can't let the others see my weakness.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »
March 6, 773

I saw her.

The woman who lives in my dreams.

How I longed to touch her again.

The first warm body I ever touched.

The last warm body I ever touched.

She makes me weak and I enjoy it.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:40:00 PM »
March 7, 773

Her scent still lingers in my bed.

It's intoxicating.

I will order the slaves not to change the blankets.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 01:14:58 PM »
March 8, 773

TITLE: Stabilization of Transient Undead State through Early Development Transformation Procedure: A Case Report.

AUTHOR: Tubur of House Za'am.

INTRODUCTION: Recent research in the area of undead creation and corpsecrafting under the supervision of Instructor Mentalos Za'am has arrived to the serendipitous finding of a Transient Undead State (TUS). However, the properties of TUS subjects have not been measured properly due to its short duration. It appears that TUS will only remain as such for a few minutes before having the subject perish and later become preserved corporeal undead. All of the test subjects so far have been human adults. We do not believe this to be a coincidence, as a transformation of this magnitude is expected to be too traumatic for the fully mature human body. However, a subject in the early stages of development may prove to be more adaptable to change, both from a physiological and a mental standpoint. In earlier studies we have come to the conclusion that stable TUS subjects cannot be made, but if this experiment is successful, we may prove they can be bred.

AIM: The aim of this study is to produce a stable TUS subject through Early Development Transformation Procedure (EDTP).

MATERIALS: The EDTP requires a pregnant human test subject of good health, a ghoul host subject, and the standard tools required for transplant surgery (amputation knife, scalpel, hacksaw, mallet and sutures).

METHODS: The EDTP consists of a fusion of two common procedures: Hysterectomy and Transplant Surgery. It's comprised of three steps: The removal of the ghoul overgrown stomach and vestigial uterus, the vivisection of the impregnated uterus from the human specimen, and the careful attachment of such organ onto the undead host.

HYPOTHESIS: The unborn test subject will enter TUS and sustain it indefinitely.

RESULTS: Pending.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:14:04 PM by Troukk »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 07:29:52 PM »
March 12, 773

Why is it that I sleep so well by her side?

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 06:38:22 PM »
March 13, 773

TEST SUBJECT: Ophelia Wainworth.

SEX: Female.

HEIGHT: 172 cm.

WEIGHT: 58 kg.

PHYSICAL EXAM: Subject presents general good health. No observable signs of dehydration or malnutrition. Skin has proper flexibility. Teeth have minimal decay. Body mass index too low for stage 2 transplant.

INTERVENTION: Forced alimentation until achievement of body mass index compatible with stage 2 transplant. Disposal of test subject if criteria is not met by deadline.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:14:55 PM by Troukk »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 02:08:44 PM »
March 15, 773

SUBJECT UPDATE: Ophelia Wainworth.

PHYSICAL EXAM: Subject presents deteriorated health. Has increased weight from 58 to 71 kilograms. Flexibility of the skin has been compromised. Small fracture of anteroinferior canine tooth can be observed. Body mass index barely above minimal standards for stage 2 transplant.

COMMENTS: The distribution of body fat has been suboptimal due to the sex of the test subject. Excessive growth of breasts and pelvic areas to the detriment of the expansion of the abdominal cavity has been problematic (in the future, male subjects should be selected). Fractured tooth has been confirmed to be due to frenzy-like feeding patterns. Subject is also presenting cannibalistic cravings. It is hard to determine if they are being caused by the excessive food or by the anabolic agents that the runt has been injecting into the subject's meals. These anabolic agents have been useful, allowing the hiperplasia of fatty tissue to occur at unnatural rates. Their use will be included as part of the protocol in future trials.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:15:46 PM by Troukk »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 07:46:38 AM »
March 16, 773

What have I done?!

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 11:45:24 AM »
March 17, 773

TITLE: Stabilization of Transient Undead State through Early Development Transformation Procedure: A Case Report.

AUTHOR: Mumed Za'am.

INTRODUCTION: Recent research in the area of undead creation and corpsecrafting under the supervision of Instructor Mentalos Za'am has arrived to the serendipitous finding of a Transient Undead State (TUS). However, the properties of TUS subjects have not been measured properly due to its short duration. It appears that TUS will only remain as such for a few minutes before having the subject perish and later become preserved corporeal undead. All of the test subjects so far have been human adults. We do not believe this to be a coincidence, as a transformation of this magnitude is expected to be too traumatic for the fully mature human body. However, a subject in the early stages of development may prove to be more adaptable to change, both from a physiological and a mental standpoint. In earlier studies we have come to the conclusion that stable TUS subjects cannot be made, but if this experiment is successful, we may prove they can be bred.

AIM: The aim of this study is to produce a stable TUS subject through Early Development Transformation Procedure (EDTP).

MATERIALS: The EDTP requires a pregnant human donor subject of good health, a ghoul host subject, and the standard tools required for transplant surgery (amputation knife, scalpel, hacksaw, mallet and sutures).

METHODS: The EDTP consists of a fusion of two common procedures: Hysterectomy and Transplant Surgery. It's comprised of three steps: The removal of the ghoul overgrown stomach and vestigial uterus, the vivisection of the impregnated uterus from the human specimen, and the careful attachment of such organ onto the undead host.

RESULTS: Donor subject perished due to bleeding of unsutured wounds (as planned). Host subject was destroyed by the procedure (it is uncertain if the removal of the stomach or the implantation of the fetus provoked this). Unborn Test Subject perished during the procedure, unable to sustain TUS indefinitely. Hypothesis rejected.

CONCLUSIONS: As Instructor Daher commented during the procedure, the transplantation of the uterus was probably unwieldy and unnecessary. Suturing a live uterus to the vestigial stomachal arteries of the ghoul proved to be a challenging task, and may have been the cause of failure. A future trial of this theory should contemplate the transformation of an impregnated host subject, to circumvent the need for surgical suturing techniques that involve the tissues we aim to study.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »
March 18, 773

She still lives in my dreams.

She who saw the hunchback when everyone else ignored him.

She who loved the cripple before he was a Za'am.

She who cried and screamed when the coward left her barren.

She still lives in my dreams.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 11:35:08 AM »
March 19, 773

A brave man wouldn't answer her call.

A virtuous man would allow her to start anew.

A strong man would learn to live without her warm touch.

Coward. Sinner. Weak. That is what I am. But I need her.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:09:23 PM by Troukk »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »
March 21, 773

She is mine again.

Why would she do this to herself?

I only bring her pain.

Why can't I stop hurting her?!

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »
March 22, 773

PHYSICAL EXAM: Subject has increased weight to 85 kilograms. She presents excessive urination, which may indicate that pancreatic function has been compromised. Skin flexibility is minimal and several eschars have formed in the most overstretched areas. Fungal lesions can be observed under newly formed skin folds. Cannibalistic cravings have not ceased. Mental evaluation is inconclusive. Body mass index within adequate standards for stage 2 transplant.

COMMENTS: Cease of pancreatic function may lead to multi-organ failure, thus it's advisable that the subject be implanted within the next 2 days. The subject was fed a live human specimen and the cannibalistic cravings remained, even though the anabolic agent has been suspended for several days now. It's my opinion that the source of this changing behavior is elsewhere and should be explored further. Body mass index achieved is optimal and diet will be modified to preserve it.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »
March 23, 773

We fail until we don't.

And when that time comes, I will have my revenge.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 11:39:58 AM »
March 27, 773

I can't stop myself. I need to touch her.

But I can't do it without harming her...

... I need to harm her?

No.

There is another way.

Her body is weak and frail.

I can change that. Of course I can. Only me, Mumed Za'am, the most brilliant student the Red Academy has ever seen!

She will be strong. No one will be able to harm her anymore.

AND SHE WILL LOVE ME UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 02:32:11 PM »
March 28, 773

PHYSICAL EXAM: Stage 2 transplant was a success. Subject has stabilized weight at 88 kilograms. Excessive urination has ceased, which indicates that pancreatic function has been restored. Skin flexibility has improved due to adaptation of the underlying fatty tissue. Eschars in overstretched areas and fungal lesions under skin folds still remain. Cannibalistic cravings have ceased completely, being replaced by hunger for non-organic elements. Several teeth have been fractured. Mood swings and aggressive behavior can be observed.

COMMENTS: The subject has fed on non-organic materials (wood and dirt). We believe that the cyst is provoking this craving, so she has been allowed to indulge in it. However, she has been mandated to grind the meal with mortar and pestle to prevent further damage to the teeth. Full abandonment of her organic diet was prohibited (survival of the host is important to the development of the cyst). Additionally, she was instructed to collect feces samples for future inspection.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:56:09 PM by Troukk »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 03:35:49 PM »
April 2, 773

The zealots have occupied the mountain with their excavation efforts. Our privacy is long gone.

What kind of man am I, if she's not safe by my side?

I will protect her... Oh yes, I will.

WHATEVER THE COST.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:38:06 PM by Troukk »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 01:25:41 AM »
April 15, 773

She trusts me.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »
May 26, 773

TITLE: Stabilization of Transient Undead State through Simplified Early Development Transformation Procedure: A Case Report.

AUTHOR: Mumed Za'am.

INTRODUCTION: Recent research in the area of undead creation and corpsecrafting under the supervision of Senior Instructor Mentalos Za'am has arrived to the serendipitous finding of a Transient Undead State (TUS). However, the properties of TUS subjects have not been measured properly due to its short duration. It appears that TUS will only remain as such for a few minutes before having the subject perish and later become preserved corporeal undead. All of the test subjects so far have been human adults. We do not believe this to be a coincidence, as a transformation of this magnitude is expected to be too traumatic for the fully mature human body. However, a subject in the early stages of development may prove to be more adaptable to change, both from a physiological and a mental standpoint. In earlier studies we have come to the conclusion that stable TUS subjects cannot be made, but if this experiment is successful, we may prove they can be bred.

PREVIOUS TESTING: A first attempt at producing a stable TUS subject was performed through a procedure we developed and named Early Development Transformation Procedure (EDTP). It consists of a fusion of two common surgical techniques: Hysterectomy and Transplant Surgery. It's comprised of three steps: The removal of the ghoul overgrown stomach and vestigial uterus, the vivisection of the impregnated uterus from the human specimen, and the careful attachment of such organ onto the undead host. Our hypothesis was that the unborn test subject would enter TUS and sustain it indefinitely upon attachment to the undead host. However, the experiment was a failure. We have two theories to explain the outcome: Either we did not perform the procedure appropiately (due to the technical difficulty of suturing a live impregnated uterus onto the vestigial stomachal arteries of the ghoul), or our premise was wrong and a stable TUS subject cannot be achieved through early transformation. A new procedure has been developed that manages to avoid the cumbersome difficulties presented by the suturing of vestigial arteries. Should it fail we can confirm the rejection of our initial premise.

AIM: The aim of this study is to produce a stable TUS subject through Simplified Early Development Transformation Procedure (SEDTP).

MATERIALS: The SEDTP requires a pregnant human host subject of good health, an experienced necromancer with knowledge of eighth circle spells and standard surgical tools (amputation knife, scalpel, hacksaw, mallet and sutures).

METHODS: The procedure contemplates previous sedation of the host subject to avoid excessive fetal stress. After falling asleep, she is to be terminated through a death spell (Stop Heart is highly advised, as it has proven in other experiments to provoke minimal tisular damage). After the host subject has expired, the surgeon has a small window of 7 to 10 minutes to transform the host into a corporeal undead through necromancy, allowing the simultaneous presence of an undead host with a living fetus inside. The fetal subject should then be removed from the host through conventional surgical extraction techniques.

RESULTS: Host subject perished after cardiac arrest due to Stop Heart spell. She was then transformed into corporeal undead (the physical characteristics were akin to a wight) through the Create Undead spell. The host offered unexpected resistance so it was pacified through the use of the Control Undead spell. The unborn test subject was removed by opening the host abdomen through surgical means followed by a forced expansion of the uteral cervix. The newborn test subject presented the known characteristics of TUS, and was able to sustain it without perishing. Hypothesis approved.

CONCLUSIONS: Applying the transformation of an impregnated host subject to circumvent the need for surgical suturing techniques on vestigial tissues was a success. SEDTP should now be considered the gold standard among early transformation procedures. It has proven not only to be simpler, but also more effective than its predecessor. Now that access to a stable TUS subject has been achieved we will be able to study its properties and potential uses. These results have opened an uncharted line of research in the fields of Thaumaturgy and Corpsecrafting.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 09:55:34 AM »
February 20, 774

Esteemed Zulkir Vahid,

After some work, one of my apprentices has prepared a first approach to his Thesis Project. His name is Rahab Uuthrakt. I am highly skeptical of his hypothesis, however, I believe it will be a learning experience, regardless of the almost certain failure that awaits him. I am prepared to supervise this line of experimentation. If you approve, send word and we will begin sample extraction at once.

- Instructor Mumed Za'am.

TITLE: Immunization and Reversal of Undeath via the Means of Understanding the Nature of Transient Undead State: A Case Report.

AUTHOR: Rahab of House Uuthrakt.

INTRODUCTION: Recent research in the area of undead creation and corpsecrafting under the supervision of Instructor Mumed Za'am has arrived to the serendipitous finding and creation of a Transient Undead State (TUS). The TUS is currently under supervision and care of Raalkir Mumed, it's up until recently theoretical impossibility of such a state leads to my belief that the key of stability within the TUS must lay in it's blood, as has been theorized by many reputable surgeons and physicians - a body's ability to reject or succumb to sickness and magic hides in the body's overall condition, in lue of any innate magical capabilities present in the creature.

AIM: The aim of this study is to analyze the physical nature of the TUS, and understand what keeps it suspended between life and undeath, and possibly replicating the result in an isolated environment through Blood and Essence Analysis  and Extraction (BEAE)

MATERIALS: The BEAE requires several samples extracted from the TUS beginning with Hair, Nail and Stool samples to determine the natural processes still resemble that of a living subject, followed up by Saliva, Blood, Stomach acid, Liver, Bone marrow and Thyroid fluids as the analysis and experimentation progresses.

METHODS: The BEAE will determine weather it is a plausible assumption to bet on natural biological causes or weather to refer to pure arcana when determining the nature of the TUS. Regardless of Avenue when a solid conclusion and cause is isolated and can be replicated within Lab conditions.

HYPOTHESIS: The TUS will produce several samples that have the potential of manufacturing an Undeath Immunosuppressant.

RESULTS: Pending.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 11:43:14 PM »
August 16, 774
Who do they think they are?

They can't judge me!

I loved a woman more than life.

And still see her face when I close my eyes.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 04:34:28 PM »
August 20, 774

TEST SUBJECT: Bes'lyth Dwin'arnith.

SEX: Female.

HEIGHT: 152 cm.

WEIGHT: 53 kg.

PHYSICAL EXAM: Subject presents general good health. No observable signs of dehydration or malnutrition. Skin is soft and flexible. Teeth have minimal decay.

MENTAL EXAM: Submissive and obedient.

OBSERVATIONS: These are the baseline characteristics before induced transformation. Stage 0.