Author Topic: Writings of a Barovian.  (Read 745 times)

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
Writings of a Barovian.
« on: May 26, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »
I miss them.

I've served with many in my time, many faces have come and gone but there are many who have stuck in my memories.
Dead, missing or away, if their memories can live on here, then they can not be forgotten.
Their names shall be written here, one by one so they may live on in more than my thoughts.

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
Marilena
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 04:07:53 PM »
Private Marilena Chisca Nistor

Marilena..

I don't have too many friends, but Marilena was someone I was happy to have a friend despite our many differences. She was a scrawny little thing, malnourished upbringing and all I've seen it many a times, especially living in the Village and Vallaki. Little sneak she was , favoured the crossbow and smaller blades if I recall, I remember when we were sparing back when I was a Private in the storage room in the Citadel, she snuck around in the shadows and popped out behind me, but she couldn't take me on in a direct fight and she got a belting from me.

We have our many shares of arguments, disagreed on a lot of things especially about policies and the Garda, when I look back now she was probably too soft for the Garda like my wife, but she had the spirit and determination to serve. Even when she was going to resign from the Garda because of a now removed policy that forbid romantic relations with fellow guards, she wanted to be a Clerk. But in the end that policy was overturned, and she remained much to my pleasure, I was dreading the idea of her potentially being expelled or being punished with what it, lye? She would have taken a damn bath in lye and whipping for Dumitru.

After her husband got demoted (again), I haven't seen her since that time. I don't hold it against her, despite the fact her body may not be up to the task, she was keen on starting on a family. I hope they've had many kids and are enjoying a peaceful time raising a family.

But I miss her, I'll update this log more when I remember little stories and things about her...