You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Ledger of Change  (Read 1159 times)

peps

• Undead Master
Ledger of Change
« on: February 15, 2018, 12:34:40 AM »
Change is necessary. Without change men welcome idleness, numbness, and their habits become stale.
Change helps bring to light the rot in a failing idea, the loose cog in a dying machine. Systems work out of comfort, and not efficiency.
So, change is necessary.

Quote from: 1st Entry
14 February 773

I am true, and I am faithful. The dogma is clear and it is concise in what is expected. The words are written with purpose, and yet many shy away from the grim words tucked between the uplifting ones. We cannot expect change when we will not do all that is written. My hands will craft change, and my smile will ensure that change is accepted.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:09:23 PM by peps »

peps

• Undead Master
2nd Entry
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:59:16 PM »
They are allowed to fester. Our inaction seeds them. Our inaction is ironic faith.

Quote from: 2nd Entry
16 February 773

I have found some luck in being late to the event in Port-a-Lucine. The "Opera House Massacre" is what they're referring to it now. A vampiric vicomte is to blame. I saw the piles of bodies, the floors slicked with innocent blood, the streets in panic. It is all over they say, but I feel that's a double-edged sword.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:52:09 AM by peps »

peps

• Undead Master
3rd Entry
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »
Ignorance has left them at a fault. We are tossed away like a used rag.

Quote from: 3nd Entry
February 22 773

They are oblivious to the realities that exist. I don't blame them any. We are not the dominant religion here, nor will I ever expect that with the cathedral looming over the city. I do wonder if that cathedral is a mirror for the city; the further it crumbles, so does the city. Is their religion a plague? One simply full of doomsayers? Should we be the dominant religion?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:05:25 PM by peps »

peps

• Undead Master
--
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 01:04:40 PM »
--
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:52:17 AM by peps »

peps

• Undead Master
4th Entry
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 01:51:58 AM »
Change is bliss. Change benefits.

Quote from: 4th Entry
February 24 773

There is another. She is another. I am not alone anymore. I am not alone. She said to me, "You bested me." I only pray she doesn't one day best me. Because companionship. I've longed for someone equal to stand side-to-side with. She's traveled here with purpose. Because my prayers have been answered.

peps

• Undead Master
5th Entry
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:00:29 AM »
Change is brutal. Change is merciless. Change is unbiased.

Quote from: 5th Entry
February 26 773

I allowed myself to grow attached. To truly become caught up in my act, my performance. I am taking things to heart. Change has happened, and I can't let it go. I can't let it stay. How do I turn away? To go forward? To not look at their faces and feel regret?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:34:28 PM by peps »

peps

• Undead Master
6th Entry
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »
Is change inevitable? Are we mapped by destiny? If then, is change truly change?

Quote from: 6th Entry
March 2 773

I have found myself again unable to control my emotions. I found it impossible to bend the knee. But I am not angry. Not genuinely. I feel as if I am now the character I made for myself, for my journey. I feel what he would feel. But I can distinguish it's not real in retrospect. I need an outlet before I slip too far and can't remember what's real or not.