Author Topic: Improvements to banking system  (Read 1860 times)

A minor Glamour

Improvements to banking system
« on: February 11, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »
I had an idea to improve the banking system. When you first go to a bank you get given a ledger book for that specific bank, which you can use to fire up the conversation for the banker, but you can only use it to tell you how much gold you have in the bank. Also when you speak to the bank clerk, there is an option to deposit all gold into bank, which takes all your gold and deposits it once your warned how much tax that would be, and you have another option to withdraw all the cold from your account, this would be along side the current option of speaking specific amounts with deposits and with drawls.

It would make the process of banking a little smoother, and would help keep track of your bank balance without having to note it down in your character journal.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Improvements to banking system
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »
One of the current perks of the banking system is precisely that it does not give you another item that you need to carry around. I speak only for myself here, but I am willing to bet the majority of players would not like that to change. What you propose does little to really improve the system. It does not change the cost of using the bank, nor does it gives any info the bank teller does not already give you, and it does not address any bug or major concerns with the banking system. Worse, having to dig your ledger from the inventory and then use it on the teller to launch the script just adds extra steps and time to the whole process, which in the end is just longer than writing a small entry in your journal that can be quickly updated when needed.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »
One of the current perks of the banking system is precisely that it does not give you another item that you need to carry around. I speak only for myself here, but I am willing to bet the majority of players would not like that to change. What you propose does little to really improve the system. It does not change the cost of using the bank, nor does it gives any info the bank teller does not already give you, and it does not address any bug or major concerns with the banking system. Worse, having to dig your ledger from the inventory and then use it on the teller to launch the script just adds extra steps and time to the whole process, which in the end is just longer than writing a small entry in your journal that can be quickly updated when needed.

Share the same opinion MAB77 has, as would any crafter would too. If anything, maybe the advocacy for a book item to allow you to write more than you can on a sheet of paper, and then you keep tally of your own balance?

A minor Glamour

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:00:57 PM »
Well that's a valid point, I suppose then what if when you speak to the bank clerk, you have an option for him to tell you how much is currently in your bank, one thing I find annoying is having to deposit a fang just to work out how much I have in the bank, because I have forgotten to update my balance in my journal.

Sinful Mystic

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 07:38:56 PM »
While we are the topic. It would make sense if you could speak to the bankers in their native language rather than having to switch to common.
Celynna of Elevashe-inactive
Daly'rae of Zau'duis
Erika Tinescu-inactive

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 08:40:16 PM »
Well that's a valid point, I suppose then what if when you speak to the bank clerk, you have an option for him to tell you how much is currently in your bank, one thing I find annoying is having to deposit a fang just to work out how much I have in the bank, because I have forgotten to update my balance in my journal.

I'm pretty certain that the NPC tells you how much you currently have when you start the conversation, as long as you have gold in your account.

Also, I'll add options to Deposit/Withdraw all.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 09:31:45 PM »
While you at it EO mind lowering TAX ? If the Tax is lower .. i can now afford to hire more helper and increase jobb and less likely be hoarding more wealth.

booksarefun666

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 12:20:24 AM »
While you at it EO mind lowering TAX ? If the Tax is lower .. i can now afford to hire more helper and increase jobb and less likely be hoarding more wealth.

i agree

tax cuts for the potm 1%

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 06:05:41 AM »
I am sure Strahd or the Council of Brilliance will be happy to hear your petition in game.  :lol:
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 07:08:05 PM »
Some banks already have a tax that's flexible depending on your Influence. I only pay 1% currently. It's just port that's fixed, it would be nice if port was also influenced by influence.

What would be really cool is if we could transfer money from one account to another character's account, or if items such as platinum pieces or gold bars or gems could be "deposited" directly reflecting their actual value, not their merchant value.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.