You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New format for NCE suggestion  (Read 4156 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: New format for NCE suggestion
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 12:24:06 PM »
Nope

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »
No NCE announced, but one usually creeps up around Easter. It depends on DMs availabilities though. And we'll likely be busy ironing out what few remaining bugs induced with the HAK for a bit before thinking of an NCE.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
I'm a little offended by the comments, considering I have a main character that was a NCW that ran to Krofburg and didn't do dungeoning 90%+ of the time.

There's a good reason to be soloing deliveries, because it is entirely possible people are dungeoning without them or choosing to not group with them.  I found it hard to get groups for deliveries when PC levels got past level 4 or 5.  Not every intended NC is an outlander, disposable at the end of the week, or is going to avoid crafts.  But how is a person or two making a delivery effecting the experience of other people again?  Likewise, native PCs vs. PCs that run out at 4-5 in the morning to do dungeons can't really do anything to catch up with them.  Deliveries become a tradeoff of experience for gold very quickly and getting gold instead of dungeoning is a valid strategy for a character.  So please, think of the rogues children so that someone has enough money to pay off the assassins to kill the Kender.

It's much more productive to find out ways to improve gameplay than being negative over playstyles.  People are quite the competitors during NCW at times and on occasion this change of pace shows flaws in the world's execution.  Having "a return" for Dvergeheim is a lot better suggestion.

Now there is something to be said of -certain- delivery practices for the route during NCW.  Concept: There is an IC reason to make a Krofburg-Vallaki route bandit faction with access to spawning a few bandit henchmen per rest that could be commanded to be left on the road and will not harm fellow bandit PCs.
Istavan Donner

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »
Suspi's NCE experience was much the same as what you describe, and I haven't been offended by anyone else's comments. She was involved some with the werebear AMPC and momentarily in a couple of other little bits, but because of her ECL handicap I became a little too driven trying to get her off second level, rushing around doing deliveries until she accumulated about as much gold in a week as Iridni achieves in months.

If your offense is at something I said, my point is only that a strategy of soloing deliveries is always available, NCE or no. Since NCE is a rare thing, I (personally) would rather be involved in some of the unique experiences afforded during the uncommon occasion.

I agree that fetch quests don't have to have any effect on other players, and I take no issue with anyone who wants to spend her NCE doing them.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.