Author Topic: Subsonics Feat Question  (Read 911 times)

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
Subsonics Feat Question
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:12:39 PM »
General Feats:

Subsonics
Spoiler: show
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Bard Song or Mora Domain, Perform 10+.
Specifics: The character can play so softly that opponents do not notice it, yet his allies still gain all the usual benefits from his bardic music. Similarly, the character can affect opponents within range with his music, and unless they have some other means of discovering it, they cannot determine the source of the effect.
Use: Automatic. This ability can be toggled on and off in the radial menu.

How exactly does one detect someone using subsonics and what viable "other means" are? Would a listen check aided by magical means such as a the Amplify spell or Clairaudience give you a chance? Does magically enhanced hearing let you hear other frequencies? Would friendly creatures such as an animal empathied dog or bat be able to hear the source? What about summoned familers or animal companions?

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
Re: Subsonics Feat Question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »
Casual bump

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
My assumption when I first read that was just obvious visuals, like a musical instrument in hand.

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »
I'd be interested to hear the detection method, out of curiosity for roleplay.  I would think skill:listen would be the most direct method, or perhaps skill:spot. 
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-