Author Topic: Degannwy Squirrel  (Read 1171 times)

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
Degannwy Squirrel
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
Can we get the squirrels out of Degannwy? They are serious immersion killers that bring nothing to the table. They either fight with the other stuff in place or they are trying to smash doors/gates down.
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Degannwy Squirrel
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:50:01 PM »
If they’re doing that then the AI is broken or there’s a faction issue.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:34:50 PM »
They are doing that pretty frequently, just came to Degannwy earlier and ran into just that.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 12:27:10 AM »
Squirrels do indeed enjoy bashing doors, which I believe happens when their pathing takes them to a point where the door blocks the path they are trying to take. If you open it for them then then go to the other side of that transition and go about normal pathing again. Same goes for seagulls in Port a Lucine.
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
I think it's because they're trying to run away from something and the doors are blocking them, so they try to bash it. I usually use Animal Empathy on them and then release them to get them to stop, but yeah... the squirrels have been behaving like this pretty much from the time they were added to Degannwy. I figured it's because some of Degannwy's denizens don't have animal empathy, causing the squirrels to go hostile and try to run away like animals do in the wilderness, which then triggers anything they run by to start buffing and it is pretty immersion-breaking. Blue's probably right though, more than likely it's just a question of adding the squirrels to Degannwy's faction.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:37:55 AM »
I think I’ll just set them to the non-hostile to all faction in that area. That should stop that behavior.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002