Author Topic: A Higher Place  (Read 129 times)

HM01

• Outlander
A Higher Place
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:11:00 AM »

Chapter I : Escape

Free at last!

Is this what it feels?

No more of the everyday same!

Hungry pains

Need food, need clothes. Need no be seen.

Only gypsy can trust, only care about coins.

They no fear B.

[The contorted figure held the book dearly. The only thing he possessed other than the wet rags that clung to his figure. The excitement of the stopping wagon overwhelming his senses in a symphony of emotions never felt before. He kept repeating those four letters like a mantra]

F
R
E
E
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:16:16 AM by HM01 »
Balzaabar - Lifestyle Guru
Sevdaliza - Scopophiliac

HM01

• Outlander
Re: A Higher Place
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:05:15 PM »

Chapter II : Rebirth - The Dream Supreme

And there he stood, before the City of lights. It's magnificent glow a comfort like one that had never before been experienced.

"You won't last the night, twist" The Vistani man remarked before returning to his business.

The caliban opened a page of the book, reading it's secrets as he faded into the darkness.The Vaasi words lit up the night with song, but only for a moment.

Observing, watching. Listening, waiting. .....

The people
The culture
The electric energy in the air gave him life, and meaning. He watched from the shadows as people walked without chains, without fear, and with purpose.

This is what I dreamed of
This is what I will become

His ravenous figure waited, and waited, and waited for the city to sleep. Feeding off of the abundance that the people of Dementlieu shared so much of. The food still warm in the trash barrels from those who knew nothing but excess in their daily lives. It was enough, for now.

He survived the night, then a week. Living only off the scraps, though even that was far more than he could have dreamed of.
He grew comfortable with nothing, but he knew there was more to be had.

Much more.

Balzaabar - Lifestyle Guru
Sevdaliza - Scopophiliac