You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Belladonas  (Read 6401 times)

booksarefun666

Re: Belladonas
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2017, 08:46:18 PM »
It would really depend on the DC and what kind of damage it did. Problem with most poisons is that they're very easy to resist and you'd have little reason to use them barring a select few as a result.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2017, 09:41:32 PM »
But if they maintained their current use as a raw herb and also became brewable as a poison, then they would be useful to both of these relatively small populations of characters. And perhaps in the collective perceptions of both groups they would serve enough of a purpose to be sufficiently useful (if in fact they are not already sufficiently useful).

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2017, 12:37:46 PM »
I think it should be a high DC, so it'd be more threatening against high level players. Who also have the resources for antidotes. If it's a low DC, it'll only be effective against low levels, who are less likely to have antidotes. Maybe make the DC based off herbalism skill.

I'd like it if it was a more threatening than a typical NWN poison as well. Stat damage only harms you in a dungeon, it's an inconvenience outside of dungeons.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »
The poisons are far too weak. Highest DC is 18 from a spider. Having Belladonna being able to be brewed in with potions to make it poisonous could add a lot of rp opportunities. Perhaps even if that is done, there could be a yellow text describing the effects that way people can rp it out.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »
I think it should be a high DC, so it'd be more threatening against high level players. Who also have the resources for antidotes. If it's a low DC, it'll only be effective against low levels, who are less likely to have antidotes. Maybe make the DC based off herbalism skill.

I'd like it if it was a more threatening than a typical NWN poison as well. Stat damage only harms you in a dungeon, it's an inconvenience outside of dungeons.

I agree with the evaluation that stat decreases are mostly just inconvenient outside of the dungeon setting, except maybe in PvP when the stat decrease is a significant one. What would be some other harmful effects of the poison that you think would be more significant outside of the dungeon setting? Could a high DC poison have too much of an impact amongst low level characters? (Particularly since it is not all that difficult for a low level character to become a high level herbalist). Does the introduction of a more powerful poison have a potentially negative impact on the relative power/assets of the Assassin PrC?

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
Cough cough crafted poisons from alchemy and herbalism cough cough