Author Topic: NCE Garda Logs  (Read 1565 times)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
NCE Garda Logs
« on: October 29, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
//NCE Gardas without access to the Garda forum yet will post their reports here.

Reports from Stelian Bombescu

October 28th

During a hood check, a pitic fisherman from Zeidenburg by the name of Stefan Aurel Luneanu claimed he was looking for his missing sister, Carmen, and wanted to check our records if there was any mention of her in our reports. I informed him that privates are not permitted to provide such information and refered him to a Lance Corporal, but I promised him I would mention it in my reports.

A doamna from Vallaki proper, Avram Negrescu, approached me to join the garda. I have brought her at the citadel to be interviewed by a lance corporal.

October 29th

At the westerm city gate, I found the door of the northern tower leading to the ramparts opened. The beheaded corpse of private Văduvă was found. At the time, there was no clues as to the perpetrator of this vile act. I've asked the sun kisser cultists to handle the remains and I informed his family. On the next night while manning the rampart, a man clad in dark robes and wielding a wicked looking scythe approached the wall. He claimed his name was Zeno Lascaris, a Death Cultist from the Eternal Order of Il-Aluk. He taunted me asking if I liked the gift he left for us last night, from his own words confessing to the murder of private Văduvă and "the two he was about to commit". He summonned an immortij with foul vraja. Private Popescu and I were soundly and quickly defeated. He did not survive his wounds. The Sun Kissers tended to my wounds at dawn. Upon returing on the outskirt I was told outlanders were battling the cultist in the Lady's Rest Basement. In greater numbers I hoped to arrest the cultist but we were soundly defeated again. I woke up in the sun kisser's temple. With the approval of a corporal, a bounty of 5000 fangs has been put up for the capture of the Death's whoreson.

During a hood check, the Borcan pitic Oleska Scarpait thought I was trying to obtain a bribe. I sternly informed her that, unlike Dilisnya poisoners, we do not take kindly to corruption and that ever attempting to bribe a member of the garda again will be met with the harshest of consequence.

I met two outlanders speaking in an uncomprehensible tongue, one was wielding a morning star. I think he called himself Troel and his companion was named Jorna. Despite my numerous attempt to make him put it away he resisted good sense and tried to flee. His companion attempted to cast vraja on me, she fled before I could apprehend her, but he was subdued. He was brought at the guardhouse cell and given a sound beating. Let's hope he will have the sense to understand that we , Garda, are the law. I have my doubts however, he seemed particularly savage and feral. I intend to find the witch and bring her in for proper punishment.

The training of recruit Avram Negrescu is ongoing. We passed the last night in the guardhouse, where I taught her the main rules of the garda.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: NCE Garda Logs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »
October 29th

Old noapte has claimed more lives. I keep telling these outlanders to stay indoors at nights, but they just won't listen. Some monster attacked again last noapte and disposed of a gundarakite girl high atop the sun kissers temple, the girl was rescued and revived. Some say it was a vrolock other some sort of big winged beast. I tried to get her side of the story but she does not trust me. I tried to explain her the danger and the need for cooperation despite our mutual distrust of each other. She agreed to talk to me again at a later time.

A concerned outlander by the name of Dracea Karseffni gave 5000 fangs to double the bounty on the Death's Whoreson. I delivered the amount at the Bounty Commissions Office and had the bounty notes changed.
Best Regards!
MAB

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:09:30 PM »
October 31

Came accross recruits Lazarescu and Cosovei as they were bringing a Dilisnya cultist, Bellatrix de Allain, at the guardhouse. What these recruits were doing out of the citadel without being in a proper patrol I do not know, but she claimed to have information about the Death's Whoreson, whom has since revealed himself as a vrolok. Apparantly he is looking for something called a doomsday devive, which she said was responsible for the current state of the slain city of Il-Aluk in Darkon, with the goal of doing the same to our city. He would be assisted in his scheme by a female vrolock named Iselle, some unnamed wight, and an immortij creature cobbled together from human flesh. She claimed having more information but that she could not share them with us just yet. I was about to order her to provide that information when the "incident" at the citadel occured and we were fetched to assist. I will get that information soon though.

Of the "incident" I was bid by the sergeant not to speak of it. A rabble of peasants which heard the noise during the night demanded to known what was happening, but recruit Lazarescu managed to persuade them it was simply a training exercise in case a caliban freak would be attacking.

Bringing both recruits on patrol I thought them the usual drill. What to do and check on patrol, hoods checks, contraband checks, how to patrol the city, etc. Two more guards were assaulted by ratmen in the early morning. They died of their wounds, I saw to it to inform their families and have the sun kisser cultists attend to their remains. 

A young woman of suspicious demeanor, and seemingly of Gundarakite origin, evaded us when we attempted to question and check her for contraband. She fled to the forest, recruit Lazarescu foolishly ran after her, alone, in the forest. She was not found. I do not know her name nor could I describe her very well, but I should recognize her if she shows up in the outskirt again.

At the end of the day I continued the recruits training by giving them a proper tour of the citadel. I taught them the proper way to fill reports, how to handle prisonnners brought to the jail, where we sleep and eat, where we train, etc.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:14:22 PM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 06:57:07 AM »
Private,

This "incident" has left us dangerously short on men for patrol. Therefore the usual regulation prohibiting Recruits from patrolling or acting independently is suspended.

Sergeant Petrovic
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Outbreak1992

• New to the Mists
  • Official Paladin Business
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
November 1st

Outlanders are causing mayhem in the outskirts, refusing to comply with the Garda and interfering with our business. Checking the Charnel House and Morning Lord church before dusk, I came across a troublesome Caliban who goes by “Urk”, I’ve sent that damn beast running three or four times now, yet it continues to keep surfacing it’s ugly mush… I managed to clear it from the temple but outlanders interfered but resulted in me being trapped in the outskirts for the night. One by the name of Meb using some foul magic and threatening my life, stupid fey is barely clothed, bares marking up and down her legs. That Krofburg lad tests my patience, just when I think he’ll do well he befriends outlanders and would rather side alongside them, instead of backing me up, no loyalties there, claims to want to help Vallaki but abandoned his own home, needs to know when to keep his mouth shut, undermining me in front of the outlanders. The outlanders wait outside the city gates in the morning, ready to flood in like rats, before I opened the gates I overheard one of them say he would “Pry open the gates again like the other night.”, I took his crowbar away for now.

Lazarescu brought this Jorna to my attention, I had a report from an outlander called Aina Nelag, stating she was attacked west of the city by the Danes, learnt some new information regarding this lot. This Jorna’s name being mentioned, doesn’t seem to be a fighter but is certainly one of them, for now I’ve maintained the illusion that the garda are fine with the danes, until we get more information. They apparently had six ships before being misted, one of which is supposedly in Barovia, no idea where the other five are. They also have two Jarls, which seems to be the name of their leader. These Jarls need bringing in, one called Ivar claims to be Jarl of Barovia, got a woman called Joddi, the other one is called Bjorn and is claiming to be Jarl of the Mist.  These Danes all seem to have fair skin and hair, their warriors being large strong mountains of men.

Signed: Eduard Cosovei
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:49:23 AM by Outbreak1992 »
Characters
Nezarian Black - MIA
Vincent Crowley - Alive - Bio - http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=46874.0
Eduard Cosovei - Alive

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
Marian Sârbu's Logbook...
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 02:31:21 AM »
Noiembrie 4th.

I patrolled the Outskirts and came upon a chaotic scene. A woman of Ezra was bleeding out in the grass, a skeletal corpse was nearby, and a caliban was seated in the grass.
The woman was tended to and brought back to her feet.

As I tried to discern what had occurred, the corpse rose and attacked bystanders. It was beaten until it moved nu more, and I then instructed a pyre to be lit to destroy the remains.
The caliban attempted to seize the remains, but failed. It was chased off.
A man approached me, claiming that these remains belonged to a friend as they were burning. He punched me with all of his might and I fell back onto the pyre as well. The woman of Ezra quickly pulled me back onto my feet. Din fericire, only my cloak was burned.

I ordered this man to be seized and came to know his name was 'Wall'. He was knocked cold by a small retinue of our soldiers, shackled, and hauled to the Citadel. He ranted the whole way there, taunting, and claiming that the skeleton was a friend who he looked after, and that her state was the fault of a more powerful undead monster.
He was stripped of his things and thrown in the cells for the night to cool his temper. He will be released at dawn, as I do not believe his actions warrant a harsher penalty. I was unharmed, aside from some soreness.
However, any further inflammatory behavior or words towards the guardsmen will not be tolerated.

After all of this was settled, I convened with the woman of Ezra, who introduced herself as Warden Karesta.
She filled in some details:

The caliban, known as Urk, was found in the bushes with the skeleton. Warden Karesta demanded the caliban to step back so that the creature could be destroyed, as is proper. The caliban beat Warden Karesta to unconciousness and someone else, as yet unknown, came to heal the skeletal remains. A woman named Shira was nearby, and this is when I arrived. She bid the caliban to flee before anyone saw, and made nu attempt to assist Warden Karesta.

Apparently, Urk stole away the ashes and bone fragments of the skeleton while I was dealing with Wall.
Warden Karesta thinks it could have been this woman, Shira, who granted him vraja that allowed him to be so quick at the task.

In summary:
- Wall was arrested and will be kept overnight for violent assault and disturbing the peace.
- Urk is to be killed on sight. It is a lumbering, broad creature wearing grey-brown rags. It only speaks its name.
- Shira, black of hair and wearing her locks in a pair of bunches, is to be found and administered three lashes of the birch to the back of her shins for her complicity.

Signed: Recruit Sârbu
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:43:45 PM by Homebrew Hokum »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 07:14:58 PM »
Noiembrie 5th.

During my patrol, I met a merchant named Vigo Caprioglio who first lied that he was not a merchant, and then that he had 'lost' his permit, even after being invited to be truthful. Keep an eye on this Borcan. He wears a hat and a dark maroon cloak.

A fey who called itself 'Plum' climbed into his goods box and refused to remove herself. Her behaviour was reminiscent of that of 'Lumi', another fey who made a flagrant nuisance of herself yesterday by littering the Svalich Road with armor and furnishings. My patience for this at an end, I shackled her, and dragged her to the Citadel, where she will be kept in a cell until dawn, if nothing else but to get her out from the hair of others. She claimed that 'Lumi' was her sister along the way, but I believe they are the same fey going by their shared infantile mannerisms.

During this, a silver haired, red robed fey heckled me. In essence, she claimed that it was ludicrous that I enforce the law and perform my duties. If she resumes her inflammatory ranting at a later time, she can join Plum and or Lumi in the cells.

In addition, I discovered the guardhouse door wide ajar and unlocked as I returned my armaments for the evening. Nu trespassers were discovered, but I would encourage my brethren to take better care when departing the barracks.

Summary:

- Keep an eye on this Vigo.
- Plum and or Lumi arrested overnight for being a nuisance, disturbing the peace, and refusing to follow orders given by the garda. She will be released at dawn.
- Pay attention to searching fey this coming week, if nothing else but to remind them that they are subject to our laws and obliged to obey our orders.
- MAKE SURE YOU LOCK ALL DOORS BEHIND YOU.

Signed: Recruit Sârbu
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

booksarefun666

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
[Scribbled in their respective logs...]

Recruit Sârbu,

Please see me in my office.

Lance-Corporal Stirbei.

Recruit Cosovei,

Please see me in my office.

Lance-Corporal Stirbei