Author Topic: New Player Startup: Missing Robes  (Read 1206 times)

waswar

• New to the Mists
New Player Startup: Missing Robes
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »
Greetings, individuals!

I am a new player to Ravenloft. Earlier today, I endeavored to download the various requirements for the server: After making a secondary directory for Neverwinter Nights via reinstalling from GOG(as I play another server with overrides in my first directory), and switching my CD keys over, followed the steps as shown in the For New Players - How to Get Started guide.

Naturally, this entailed downloading the 1.69 critical rebuild(I don't know if this was necessary as I downloaded from GoG, but I did it anyway). I then followed with version 2.62 of the CEP, the download name being cep_2_62_full.7z. I then followed through with the Ravenloft HapPak, and all the optional extras.

However, in-game, I come across the following issue:
Spoiler: show

You can see my character in the center, though, only the head, and blue feet and hands. To put it simply, robes do not appear. You can see the other player character on the bottom center-right, who has missing legs. However, other things such as music and the custom heads work as far as I can tell.

Upon first encountering the issue, I downloaded the launcher located here: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=41829.msg559491#msg559491
The launcher updated a number of files, though it did not change the outcome. I downloaded the CEP 2.4 add_tiles2.hack from the CEP download, though that also did nothing, and it was later patched as a sole file by the launcher.

Now, the launcher says: Files are up to date.

I don't know why this is happening, and so I am asking for support, if anyone is able to help me, I would be most grateful.

Edit: It's doing this on my other install as well, which formerly had always worked. I'll update my drivers and see what I can do.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:38:44 PM by waswar »

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
Re: New Player Startup: Missing Robes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 07:57:24 PM »
Check this forum post: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=46991.0

Also, since this is the third time this issue has been posted in separate threads I will point out that if you use the search from the main forum index, you can often save yourself some time waiting for a reply if someone else has already posted about similar subjects.

waswar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:05:33 PM »
You have my simultaneous apologies and thanks, I did not think to look at the feedback threads once I had saw the Tech Discussion subforum. I will roll back my driver and promptly test out the server.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »
No need to apologize I was mostly pointing out because I figured some people don't know how to use the search function. It can be a little weird sometimes. For example, if you're in a subforum and not the main forum page, it seems like it just searches within that subforum. Took me a while to figure that one out, so I thought I'd share for new players. But yeah, if you're running nVidia and you updated your drivers recently, that is likely the issue. A rollback should get you up and running so you can get in the game and take part in the new character event currently ongoing.

waswar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 08:33:54 PM »
The rollback has worked! Everything is working perfectly, thank you very much!