You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Armors parts and Robes does not appears  (Read 1811 times)

Erich von Stroheim

• Outlander
Armors parts and Robes does not appears
« on: October 26, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
I downloaded the new CEP and PoM haks, removed the old one, installed the new on. And there is still many armors part and robes (all i think) that does not appear. How can i fix this ?

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Re: Armors parts and Robes does not appears
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:04:14 PM »
I always recommend re downloading the hak and overwriting your current files when this happens. An other thing I could suggest you is using the Ravenloft Launcher, I'm not using it as I'm comfortable with doing everything manually and find it much more simple, but it can be easier sometime to just let the launcher do the job for you.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:55:46 PM »
You may have the same problem as this:  http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=46991.0

I've yet to find a solution other than reinstalling a driver several versions ago.

Erich von Stroheim

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 02:34:33 PM »
I removed the game, reinstall it. It worked for a time. I could change few armors character design. Then on a logg on, the game crashed. And since then the armors/robes desapear again. Restarted the computer, nothing work.

I do everything manually. I dont use direct connect or installs

I also did what is being suggest as the final solution in the topic u linked, by removing PoM haks and extract them back again. Dont work.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:45:50 PM by Erich von Stroheim »

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »
Have you updated your graphic card drivers recently? One of the latest Nvidia update might be causing some issue, I remember that being talked about on discord not too long ago. If you update your graphic card driver and have an Nvidia one, you probably should rollback to the previous one until they release a new update with a fix for the problem they caused in the last one.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Erich von Stroheim

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 04:47:08 PM »
If it is the only issue, then i'll wait until they release a good Nvidia version. Or someone find a fix.

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 07:05:50 PM »
In all likelihood if the Nvidia Drivers have caused loss of function in a game this old, it's unlikely it'll be fixed and simply become a new standard issue going forward; your best bet is to roll back your drivers if you want to continue playing without issue, as waiting for an update that fixes the problem may simply never come.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 07:08:13 PM »
In all likelihood if the Nvidia Drivers have caused loss of function in a game this old, it's unlikely it'll be fixed and simply become a new standard issue going forward; your best bet is to roll back your drivers if you want to continue playing without issue, as waiting for an update that fixes the problem may simply never come.

Last time they updated (less than a year ago) and it broke games like NwN, they issued a fix. It's the impact of GoG.

THE STREET WARRIOR

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 10:26:07 PM »
I had this same issue, what I did was roll back to the September 21st nvidia driver and it works perfectly now, everything shows up. They really messed some things up in these last two updates, games I normally play with 60+ fps were dropping down to 20-30's (gtx 1070).
Edit: I don't use the GOG version of NWN, I use these things they used to call dvd's.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:17:37 AM by THE STREET WARRIOR »

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »
Last time they updated (less than a year ago) and it broke games like NwN, they issued a fix. It's the impact of GoG.

Feels hit or miss to me; there was a driver update a while ago that has caused certain models to be permanently transparent if I don't have environment mapping on creatures enabled; mostly on shields and swords. Before that they worked fine and I personally preferred environment mapping off because it made EVERYTHING shiny and reflective when I prefer my metals matte. But that's anecdotal obviously. Still; better to be proactive and rollback your driver so you can play now, rather than waiting for a fix that may or may not come IMO.