You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hak Testing, Bug Testing: Bards  (Read 1404 times)

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Hak Testing, Bug Testing: Bards
« on: October 14, 2017, 02:25:43 AM »
With the new haks, have located the following bugs-

Despite being proficient in bard weapons (such as rapiers) can no longer take feats in them.  Was reported this was fixed, but doesn't work in the latest hak version still.

Haunting melody, dirge of woe, haunting melody and epic of the lost king can be done instantly without pause, spammed if needed endlessly.

Haunting melody had no save come up on use on a hostile person.  Had no effect that could be seen.

Was hoping to test more but ran out of time.  Will have to try again tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:32:08 AM by Nemesis 24 »

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
Re: Bug Testing: Bards
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 02:30:59 AM »
I don't want to be that guy, but for the future, labelling these as Hak test would help the devs scan through this better as priority - as for the casted endlessly songs, I believe that's intentional. Curse Song is hardcoded to have a cast time, while new feats do not have to take up on this. You'll notice most class abilities on PotM don't have a cast time, if it can be helped (Barb Rage, Divine Might/Shield, etc).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:39:11 AM by Pav »

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Re: Hak Testing, Bug Testing: Bards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 02:39:12 AM »
Fair!  But yeah, I couldn't test out how they all stack yet.  I've a feeling I can make all of the 'curse' songs stack together however.

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:50:35 AM »
Fair!  But yeah, I couldn't test out how they all stack yet.  I've a feeling I can make all of the 'curse' songs stack together however.

I'm not sure that this is unintentional, either, although it might be worth chucking over to a balance discussion because of how many goodies Bards (and Clerics, for that matter) have gotten.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:52:09 AM by Pav »

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:24:33 AM »
Well, I have to admit you'd penalise an enemy by as much as making them effectively -10+ or so across the line to saves, ac, and ab.  Maybe more, with an unbeatable save DC (could hit 44 will save, which with a few negs applied beforehand is unreachable).  Its a bit overpowered.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 08:43:05 AM »
1) Bard weapon feats: I fixed that bug after the latest version was released (released on October 2, fixed on October 3). They should work in the final version but will be good to test then.

2) Bard Song/Curse Song work like that as well.

3) Haunting Melody/Dirge of Woe: You can't spam those; if the target succeeds its save the first time, it won't work again until the end of the song's duration, which should make them more balanced since you can't use them indefinitely until the target fails the save.

Could you possibly test Haunting Melody again to see if there's a save the first time the feat is used?