Author Topic: Armor of Faith Ac vs Evil bonus doesnt work  (Read 1038 times)

Erich von Stroheim

• Outlander
Armor of Faith Ac vs Evil bonus doesnt work
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:52:08 PM »
Hello, i bought an Armor of Faith who work as a splint mail+1 vs everyone and +3 vs Evil. But the bonus vs Evils doesnt work.

You can see that here in my screenshot :

As you can see, my AC vs everyone is 27. But should be 29 vs Evil creatures.

But the skeleton knight hit me on a 27 roll (17 + 10). It should be a miss for him since my AC against him must be 29.

I know that the Skeleton knight is Evil, since he got Sonic damage from my Katana that add +1d4 sonic damage vs Evil.

I there a way to fix that ?

Erich von Stroheim

• Outlander
Re: Armor of Faith Ac vs Evil bonus doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »
I up this topic because i really want this bug fix, or the item removed from game and my money back

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Armor of Faith Ac vs Evil bonus doesnt work
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 09:44:54 PM »
As far as I know there have never been issues with AC vs Alignment on items; it's a NwN property. However, there are many situational modifiers to AB/AC in NwN in combat, which do not appear in the combat logs/character sheet:

Miscellaneous modifiers automatically apply when their conditions are met. These are often overlooked by players since most (all except the mounted penalty) are not included on the character sheet. The various miscellaneous modifiers are as follows.

Both melee and ranged
Attacker's size modifier. -2 to +2 AB
Attacker is invisible or target is blind. +2AB (unless negated by the target's blind fighting)
Target cannot be seen (hidden, invisible, or out of visual range). -4AB
Target is flanked. +2AB (unless negated by the target's defensive awareness)
Target is stunned. +2AB
The bonus for invisible attackers does not apply if the attacker can see through its own type of invisibility (a bug). Being out of visual range typically only applies to non-player characters making ranged attacks in response to being attacked (since players cannot target creatures outside their characters' visual range).