Author Topic: [From the Musée de Port-a-Lucine:]  (Read 1138 times)

Dread

• Dark Power
[From the Musée de Port-a-Lucine:]
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:48 AM »
[Flyers are posted around Port-a-Lucine, with a majority of them being seen in the Quartier Publique, around the city's museum, which is still being worked on.]

Regrettably, the renovations being done to the Musée de Port-a-Lucine have been dogged with numerous unforeseen set-backs, resulting in its grand re-opening being delayed. However, on behalf of the Musée, I invite all skilled artists, be they painters and sculptors, be they foreign or born here in Dementlieu, to send us examples of their work that, if deemed worthy, will hang or be featured in our hallowed halls, to be featured prominently in our newest exhibits.

Those who find their artwork added to the Musée de Port-a-Lucine's collection will receive a stipend, the amount of which shall be determined upon appraisal of the artwork's value by a panel of respected critics. The artist who produces the finest single piece of artwork received by the Musée will receive the honorary title of "Grande Artiste" from the Council of Brilliance, and be given an additional hundred thousand solars.

All artwork should be entrusted with personnel associated with the Musée de Port-a-Lucine. This contest will be concluded, at the end of next month. We wish all who participate the best of luck.

- Maurice Gérin-Lajoie, Curator

Spoiler: "OOC INFORMATION BELOW" • show

In an effort to get the newly-remade Museum of Port-a-Lucine finished, I am accepting contributions from the PotM community, at-large, though I am handling this in an in-character fashion. If your character is an artist, or aspires to be, this is the perfect opportunity for them and for you. You need not have any artistic talent yourself -- what is required here is a description that we can then put on a placeable, inside the museum. The more descriptive you can be, the better.

This will end July 31st, 2017. Send all entries you wish to make to me in a PM, to this account.

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: [From the Musée de Port-a-Lucine:]
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:59:16 AM »
[Some notices are put up around the flyers:]

With the number of incredible submissions we've received thus far, we have decided to allow the contest to continue for a week longer, so that those who have written to us stating they are still working on original pieces may have time to see them finished.

Spoiler: "OOC INFORMATION BELOW" • show

The new deadline for the contest will be August 7th, 2017.

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: [From the Musée de Port-a-Lucine:]
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:28:01 AM »
[Fresh notices are put up!]

The contest is hereby concluded -- thanks to all who reached out to us and submitted artwork. Over the next month, we will select a winner, and those who participated will be given a stipend based on an appraisal given for the work's value, for their hard work and dedication.