Author Topic: None Lethal RAGE  (Read 2045 times)

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
None Lethal RAGE
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:54:40 PM »
I think the most frustrate is that surviving the fight but ran out of heal potion and died from Rage worn off. Would it be possible to script Rage worn off but is none lethal and only reduce you to 0 hp and can recover from it after a turn. With the huge CON lost even with decent HP left you can in fact be dead instantly frustrate if you won the battle but cannot avoid death.  :roll:

Troukk

• Dark Power
Re: None Lethal RAGE
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »
The salvation domain script takes all your hp except 1. Maybe a similar script/mechanic can be used when barbarian rage runs out?
Not all who wander are lost.

booksarefun666

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
If that somehow could happen to endurance potions they'd finally be useful.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »
heheeh Rage and buff Con, at your own risk. :D The warnings come after the spells.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 04:48:30 PM »
I don't mind, the whole idea of rage is it makes you reckless. Remember if you didn't have it activated, you'd be dead already anyway!
Has been described as a sometimey player

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
  • "Maudlyn" Argali Dupont, Lazula Zhuelke, and more
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »

I -love- having to scramble for some sweet, sweet healing nectar after a close fought battle-
watching the rage buff icons flicker as its about to go out!

Yeah.

Its great.

Whenever it gets you, though.. and you have to watch yourself fail countless Death Saves in a row. And then walk through the fugue state. And look at a stain where you were trying to have fun. It feels like number 1 bull$#!&.  :lol:

Spoiler: show

Come on, Mayvind!

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 11:31:34 PM »
Think of it as you're basically already dead. You're bleeding out but the adrenaline and fury is keeping you going. Then the fight is over and they wear off and you suddenly collapse like a runner at the end of a marathon. It does suck though, I agree. Once I went down at 0 hp... and because I had drank an endurance potion, I wound up dying before I went through all my recovery rolls. All I could do is laugh while I cursed my luck.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 11:38:35 PM »
Couldn't it kill you even after you stabilize? That would really be a kick in the tush.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

lakhena

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
Yes.  My PC has died after stabilizing to 0 and before I could hit "stand up."  I used to think it was a bug until someone explained it to me.  I don't use endurance potions or buffs anymore, just in case.

TheFury

• Undead Slayer
  • "As you can see, Drew is the server bully."-Deceit
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 10:24:07 AM »
Same thing goes for Tenser's. The best part is if you get knocked down when you have a con buff up and the game glitches and drops all your spells so you immediately get badly impaired despite having a full 2 hours of duration left. I never use con stuff, ever, apart from Tenser's and even that's a carefully calculated risk.
Get yourself a weapon that spits unending fire.
Discord Info: Kaithas#7352
Inactive. PM me for Trentor Atiens.
Happy Ending Offenders: Famorra Arendayel, Kymil Lornenil.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:21 AM »
I don't have a strong feeling about this, but here's my inclination:

* For barbarians, Jeebs' point makes sense. All they're using is their own physical capacity. (Plus I think as a class barbarians are plenty strong as is.)

* For the magical enhancements, I sort of think the potion or spell wearing off should not kill/corpse you because it's magic. It wasn't your body pushing itself beyond its limits, but an external infusion of power. When it goes away, you lose the magic...not your regular old you.

Not going to fite anybody over this, though :)

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 12:20:13 AM »
Well, in the instance of magic just take my earlier comment and replace adrenaline and fury with magical power. All that's keeping you alive is the magic of the spell or potion, and then it wears off. If you were conscious you could just recast it or drink another potion but since you're not it fades and you bleed out. Or worse is if you've expended all your spells and potions. In that case it's just a tactical error on your part. Just playing devil's advocate here. I wouldn't complain if there was a system that prevented this but I don't really care one way or another.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:23:49 AM by Jeebs »

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 08:22:18 PM »
Bumping this; would anyone from the team consider this issue?
"The good fighter does 'what has to be done' and does not let himself be troubled by any scepticism."
- Julius Evola

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »
This is an aspect of the class, not a bug in the game engine. It is a well-established rule in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, and the risk is the drawback of what is otherwise an immensely powerful character. As far as I know, we don't intend to change it.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Dud_Goose

• Undead Slayer
  • The Abominable
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 11:06:19 PM »
The odd endurance potion/spell is useful for chugging before a long jog.  Usually that trek from Vallaki to MC.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

-Charles Bukowski