Author Topic: From Cacophony to Melody  (Read 1397 times)

kamillebidan00@gmail.com

• New to the Mists
From Cacophony to Melody
« on: May 13, 2017, 04:07:54 AM »
I am Charlotte Higgs. I am a noble from the respectable family Higgs, and my family is one of the oldest families in the kingdom of Dagonia. Our linage served the first King Cattingale, and up to this day, my family keeps serving his descendants who rule our country.
My father, Edmund Higgs, is the patriarch of the family, and he has kept our family saved and sound for so many years. His voice is strong and powerful, and his actions are stronger, but he is a great man who wanted the best for us. My mother, Daphne Higgs, is so pretty and nice when she wants, but she is always pushing me and my brother to be the best that we can be. She doesn’t like mistakes and mom gets angry when, especially her children, makes mistakes of any kind, but I understand why she is so strict. She wants for us to be the best as we can be and achieve. My older brother, Brandon, he always wanted to excel at everything he wanted to do. His drive and hunger for being the best, like my father, is powerful, and he always loved theater and opera. He always told me the singing and acting from a proper performer, makes his soul calm. I always wanted to help my brother in some kind of way since I am petite and my personality is timid. I think this happened because of the amount of pressure my mother put me to be perfect.

kamillebidan00@gmail.com

• New to the Mists
Re: From Cacophony to Melody
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 05:06:17 PM »
During my childhood, my father took my brother and I several times to the capital of our country since part of his job to make our territory safe was working in the House of Lords. I always loved the building from the inside, the fine paintings, the white marble pillars and floor, the food, and the other nobles around. My father always was speaking with another noble all the time. If my memory doesn’t fail, his name was Keith Cheshire, and my brother always used to play his son, Christopher Cheshire. I don’t know what my brother liked to be around him, but I always found him creepy. It is like he was always was wearing a mask, and always looked eerie. Then I noticed another kid, every time that I saw him, he always was wearing a sailor suit, and always was hanging out with the Linnaeus twins all the time playing sailors and pirates. Dad always told me not to talk to that kid or any family member of the Rohan ever since they are beneath to our family. I never understood why my father told me that. Even that I didn’t play with the other kids, I loved the being and staying in the capital. There is so much to see and so much to do, and I wanted to stay more always. My aunt Alexandra, who was married to Keith Cheshire, looked after me since my dad could not look after me all the time. It was always fun to be around my aunt. She was so full of life and relaxed all the time, and always tried to entrain me. She took me to the museums, eat pastries, walks to the park; however, what I loved the most from my aunt was when she played the harp. She always played with such precision and joy that it marked my life completely. I knew what I wanted to do with my life: I wanted to become a musician like her, and bring joy to my soul and everyone who wants to hear me play.

kamillebidan00@gmail.com

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 02:26:12 PM »
   I told my mother about my plans to become a musician, and she was displeased. She never said why, and blamed her sister to be so carefree and indulgent with me; however, my mother told me at that moment if this is what I wanted to do I must do it with all my might, and I must see trough it to the end.  My mother never expected anything less than perfection and excellence, and this will not be different. She said as a Higgs, I should aim to be the best.
   At the age of nine, my mother decided to send me to the capital, and my aunt took tutelage of me.  My aunt lives at the north of the country where it is close to the beach, the air is dry and nice, and it was warm and nice to be there. My aunt brought their same tutors that educated my mother and her, and it was a great experience. They were strict and pushed me to the limit of my mind and soul when it comes to education, but they educated me properly to become a proper lady. Even that I am a timid woman; I do love to act like a proper lady. My aunt also told me that a proper woman needs to know how to cook properly because when nobles do parties, it needs to provide with the best food for its invitees. It took me a while to become a good cooker, but I managed to prepare proper and exquisite food. Even my uncle said that I cooked better than my aunt. All this formative education took three years for me to master, and my aunt explained to me that only a proper lady can be a proper musician because music requires finesse, delicate hands and educated mind and ears.
   My aunt started to teach me personally at the age of thirteen, and I had to do a lot of different thing that it didn’t had nothing to do with music. I had to do lot of exercise, especially running. Also my aunt made me read history books about our country and the music. She always said for a musician to understand music properly, he or she must know when and where the music was created and in which point of history was made; therefore, I would be able to put a proper and the intended feelings and emotions the composer intended to give to his creation.

kamillebidan00@gmail.com

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 08:57:32 PM »
The first class of instruments she taught me was the wind instruments. I learned flute, oboe, clarinet, piccolo and the recorder. A of the instruments were fun to learn and easy to use. Even that I was not as good as my aunt; I think I can play them very well. After three years of constant practice, my aunt decided that it was time to learn string instruments, so she taught me the violin, viola, cello, lute, harp and the guitar. My aunt was so strict here towards me when I tried to learn these instruments, especially the harp for a whole year. She made me practice until my fingers hurt and developed calluses because I played so much. This made me depressed since I could never get close to the precision of my aunt. It really broke my heart. This caused for my aunt and I to discover something special: when I was sad, I started to sing, and my aunt was impressed for the strength and melody of my voice. My aunt brought singer and linguistics professors for me to practices singing techniques, and learn pronunciation and languages for me to sing operas for other countries, especially from Gottkraft. It took me five years of hard work and training to learn three languages and make my voice a perfect resonance of beauty and tranquility. During this time, family came to visit me and saw my progress. My mother was always the most critical of all, especially when I was learning string instruments. I guess my mother had to hear my aunt play since they were kids, she understands when the instruments are being played properly; however, when my mother heard me singing… I made her cry for the precision and perfection of my singing technique. She was glad and happy that all my worked paid off for perfection and excellence. MY mother was so happy that she recommended me to singing opera in the capital in the Berkley Dome Theater. My father also was satisfied for my success in perfecting singing, so he decided to fix the residence that our family own in the capital for me to leave alone. Of course, my family will visit me all the time since father goes to the capital almost all the time. I thank my aunt for all of her hard work and time invested in me. She was happy, and my aunt told me that still too soon for me for reaching perfection with my singing; therefore, I need to practice and practice until my voice could achieve absolute perfection.

kamillebidan00@gmail.com

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 05:04:39 AM »
I arrive to our manor in the capital. I have to say, it is not as big as our palace at home, but for me to live on my own it will be perfect. The outside is white, wide, long and elegant with a crystal dome at the top and center of the building with a nice stainless glass of angels in it. Two bronze statues of soldiers giving the appearance of mounting guard, big windows, and a crystal door with a metal black fence. The caretakers and the maids were waiting for me at the entrance, so the bowed to me and picked all of my baggage. When I entered the manor, I saw the décor and taste from my mother, and it is incredible.  Bronze chandeliers, amazing painting on the ceiling, pillars and statues made of marble. Even the marble floor is cover with beautiful rigs from Yadayase with an exquisite azure color, and the curtains with a Gottkraftian style with a golden color that makes the perfect combination of style, class, sobriety and linage that it makes the light and shadows of the building being part of the internal decoration of it. I went into my room that I will be suing, and the bed had a vermillion bed covers decorated with golden stripes. My vanity mirror was beautiful. Three mirrors with a white chair decorated if a golden rim for the frame of the chair. The same theme goes from the table to hold the mirrors. Small cabinets to put my makeup and jewelry, and my closet was a little smaller than my closet at home I have to say, but it will hold all my shoes, dresses and props. A proper woman can’t have too many dresses and too many shoes. I heard the servitude moving around to raise the family’s flag with our coat of arms outside of the building indicating that the Higgs are living in the capital. I guess the King wants to know when the nobles are living in his city.
After I settle down, I decided to check where I will be singing. I was going to travel towards the auditorium; however, Nina, one of the servants, informed me to wait her because the director of the auditorium will come to visit me here.  I decided to take a nice and refreshing warm bath, so I told Nina to prepare the bath. Nina came back eventually, informing me that my bath was ready.  I never thought mother will copy the bathroom design from our palace. Huge pillars in every corner with a big pool as deep as my waist, the floor are decorated with white and black marble, like a chess board. A big statue in the middle from the old gods and their names engraved in runic. I bath for over an hour, and all of my sweat and dirt in my skin was cleansed away by the warmth of the water and the amazing oils that my father gets from Yadayase with the purpose to clean your skin and the best part, it leaves a nice perfume. I love to use them when I take a bath.
After the bath, I decide to prepare myself to receive our guest; however, I don’t want to look presumptuous, so I will dress in a casual manner with not too much jewelry on me. I don’t want to show myself as arrogant. I decided to use a nice white dress with a nice set of pearl earrings to complete the set.  Our guest arrived at 7 PM and they were no other that the Linnaeus twins, James and Baron, I waited for them at the living room. I know for sure that Baron went to the Royal navy for some time, and James was working at the House of Lords for some time because his father was sick. James wanted to talk to me as soon as possible about a project that he is doing with his brother. They want me to perform “Lady Maria” for the city of Gardens, our capital. I was in shock. Lady Maria is a sad opera about an Amerillian Hunter went to Gottkraft, fell in love with a noble, the noble was converted into a vampire, and Maria had to kill her lover. It is a very sad story. I really wanted to be Maria for the play. I wanted to perform for them, but I felt shy because I have never singed in front of another person besides my aunt. Baron saw my shyness, and he told me that my aunt Alexandria put her word that I was the one who can perform “Lady Maria.” Barron added that my aunt wanted it for me to know the world needs to know my voice, and it will bring happiness to this dark and sad world. I took those words at heart, so I decide to sing the beginning of “Lady Maria” to them. I closed my eyes and I put my heart and my soul into it. I did not open my eyes until I finish the part. When I opened my eyes, I saw the twins with tears in their eyes. They were moved my voice. Barron begged me to be “Maria” for the opera, and I accepted.

kamillebidan00@gmail.com

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 05:09:08 AM »
I went to the Berkley Dome Theater of Gardens in the family’s carriage. Traveling throughout the Capital is beautiful. Full of people and life. Men dressed in nice suits, women with their kids enjoying the scenery of the Capital. It is nice to see that our country lives in peace. Not like what happen ten years ago when some monsters destroyed a city under the protection of my father, the city of Kent. My father told me about the horrors of if the city when monsters came to invade our lands, and he hoped for me not to live something so horrible that the invasion of the so called Jotuns. Thank God I never had seen something that horrible. When I arrived to my destination, the place was beautiful. A red clay color for the exterior with, and the frames for the windows are silver colored. A big road decorated with white roses and a beautiful grass. The Linnaeus twins were there to receive me at the door at the door of the Theater. I went down of my carriage, and I bowed to them. They did the same.  Barron was happy to see me, and he will show me the installations of the building. I was happy, but at the same time I felt so shy that I will be able to perform in this great place, where Marion Dixie and jack Morrison who were the best opera singers of their time when they were alive. The inside was fantastic and exquisite. The roof had a beautiful painting of the story of our country following its birth up to now, and all of the coat of arms from all of the noble families from the past and present. It is homage to Dagonian History.  I noticed there were no chandeliers for the lighting since the stage is was inside doors. James answered me that thanks to the Mages from town, they can create balls of light that can be focusing the light to give proper illumination to the Stage. Talking about the Stage, it is huge and spacious to perform anything you want. The seats were made to be very comforting to the spectators. The balcony for the exclusive visitors to see the play seems amazing; however, I cannot see them properly from where I am now. I might look at them later. James asked me about the place. I was in shock for the beauty and dedication to maintain the place, so I told them it was amazing and I could not believe that I will perform were only the greatest had ever perform . James said that my aunt put a lot of faith on my signing, and they heard me the day before. He added that it was time for me to go to the dressing room.  A designer is waiting for me to make the dress of “Lady Maria.” The twins showed me the dressing room, and a woman was there waling for me. She did not talk too much towards me, but I felt a little intimidated about her attitude.  After my measurements were done, I wanted to practice it the Theater.  I walk towards the stage, put myself in the middle, and start to sing the first part of “Lady Maria.” ♪ Where violent blasphemers live, I was sent to put order where chaos resides♪; ♪ I was forced to feel grieve and pain, and even deceived the ones I love♪; ♪ However, I still went to hunt the evil within in a foreign land when I was asked to do it.♪; ♪ Their evil comes from their souls and blood, who makes them commit wicked acts♪; ♪With my whip and my sword, I will purify them of their sins♪;  ♪since they are cursed, I will let them be purify by the fire of the “Torch Bearer…”♪ I stopped singing. The place sounded amazing. None of my voice inflections were affected by the structure of the Theater. I was happy; very happy. My voice will reach the hearts of men and women alike. From that forward, I practiced and practiced the play to be perfect, natural and human.

kamillebidan00@gmail.com

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 04:46:47 AM »
I practiced and practiced “Lady Maria” as hard as I could. I tried to understand the protagonist as much as I can. I wanted to know how and why Maria was using in black light armor and a red cape with a white cross in her back and shoulders, and why she was sent to a faraway land to “hunt” creatures of the night like vampires and werewolves. How she fell in love with Siegfried Mariendorf after saving him from a vampire, and why she decided to sacrifice herself to save the man she loved by making sure the evils of the vampires could never escape the catacombs from the Schwarzes Ascheschloss. According to the story, the walls of Schwarzes Ascheschloss became black is because the amount of dead Janken they burned after the Mad King lost the war, since the Janken were accomplished of the King to exterminate the nobility in Gottkraft, that was their punishment . It seems Gottkraft is a macabre place to live. I wonder if the story about her holy whip and sword is accurate. The story tells that the whips hurts the vampires in a horrendous way and make their swords shine with an incandescent teal light to hurt all the evil creatures. I cannot understand how a woman can fight something as horrible as a vampire, if they exist, which such ferocity and animal instinct, not to mention her agility. She seems that she was born in wrath and no hope, and then she could open her heart for Siegfried. It is an inspiration for everyone who reads the script. I will make sure to portray you as good as I can.
The day of the show came, and I was terrifying, but at the same time, I wanted to be heard. I wanted to make sure Lady Maria story was known by the people. I could never do what Maria did, but at least I could honor her story and the last moments of her life. I stepped on stage wearing a replica of Maria’s Uniforms, and it fits very nice. I can move nicely in it. I put myself in the position to start the opera, and the curtains open… the theater was full, and I was in shock, everyone was paying attention to me, and I felt a heavy anxiety in my chest and my heart; however, the bravery of Lady Maria reminded me of my purpose, so I start singing the opening of the play. I sang, and I moved like I was a different person on stage. I felt so much relieve and assertiveness for playing Maria, that I put all my heart in my voice.  When the play ended and the curtain felt down, I heard the strenuous applauses from the people. I was happy, and I felt complete since I could honor Maria. People were clapping, and throwing flowers to the stage. I went back stage with the crew and we were happy for the performance. The Linnaeus twins came to see us, and they were satisfied with our performance and we celebrated with drinks and food. The caviar and the salmon tasted amazingly. The next day the official newspaper was talking about the performance and it was great, and I received a special mention for my singing. I was happy, but I felt so much pressure to live to the adoration of the professional critics and the people who heard my voice.