You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Suggestions for next hak update [Unofficial]  (Read 20112 times)

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
Re: Suggestions for next hak update [Unofficial]
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 12:32:40 PM »
There are clothing and even armor and weapons available. I think regional items like that should be added to the merchant during creation. It would save people the time of crafting the stock great to meet their needs
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »
It's an extremely large inclusion, but if I was going to recommend one, it would be Project Q if it hasn't been already.  If it was to be a limited -part- of Project Q, it'd be the tilesets, in particular the Spectral Woods and the Rural Interior that they have.  But some of the monster skins that they have are also -extremely- good.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/combined/project-q

(it occurs to me this might already be in here.  Either way, hoping to get Rural Q interior!)

Otherwise, I'd be recommending the converted Witcher 1 placeables included here -

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/placeables-game-witcher-1

As these overwhelmingly suit the Potm look and feel, examples being such things as the following:

(Foozeball table not so much)

There are 470 of these placeables, and they are overwhelmingly useful for creating a grittier feel to things, as well as variation.

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
"The good fighter does 'what has to be done' and does not let himself be troubled by any scepticism."
- Julius Evola

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 08:27:33 PM »
Hello all!

Following some discussion on Discord earlier, here are some suggestions for additions for whenever the next hak update occurs.

Feel free to post more!

Eurgigas Robe-Based Armors -> Posted here before, but these armours are lovely.

Spoiler: show

VFX Circlets and Glasses -> Glasses would be a great addition, and as they are VFX, bespectacled characters wouldn't be restricted to a head model.

TheBarbarian NWN Heads -> This updates the default heads with high-quality variants, and also includes many high-quality custom heads for all sorts of races. My only concern is that some of the 'older' heads are replaced with younger ones, so if there was a way to leave those unchanged, this could be a great quality of life addition.

Only a small number, but half-orc heads for women need an update so I am showing some examples here :P

I've added all three of these things to the next hak update; for the Barbarian heads, I've only added the new ones.

The latest Community Content Challenge on the Vault seems to have some good stuff!

Particularly, hoods, helmets, and hats!

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/custom-content-challenge-march-2017-blast-past

https://neverwintervault.org/forums/neverwinter-nights-1/nwn1-custom-content/custom-content-challenge-march-2017-blast-past

I've added most of the masks in there but not the actual helmets (Corinthian ones).

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2017, 02:52:11 AM »
Awesome! :)

WhenTheSunGoesDown

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 04:11:23 AM »
Would be great to have less bra's and more Oriental clothing/armors in the clothing hak. Aside from a kimono and a Mask/helmet there are none. I know CEP has nice oriental armor/robe among other things.

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 08:38:54 AM »
I've added most of the masks in there but not the actual helmets (Corinthian ones).

You could add these as well - they closely resemble barbuttes, 15th century helmets of Italian design, I think they'd fit in nicely. Even the plumed one might be useful for some GE characters.
"The good fighter does 'what has to be done' and does not let himself be troubled by any scepticism."
- Julius Evola

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »

You could add these as well - they closely resemble barbuttes, 15th century helmets of Italian design, I think they'd fit in nicely. Even the plumed one might be useful for some GE characters.

The problem is not that, it's that these aren't real helmets for in-game mechanical purposes. I don't mind adding a bandana or glasses via VFX but a full helmet that won't have any protective properties isn't the same.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 11:08:47 AM »
Would be great to have less bra's and more Oriental clothing/armors in the clothing hak. Aside from a kimono and a Mask/helmet there are none. I know CEP has nice oriental armor/robe among other things.

We already use CEP; we're updating to the latest version of it with the hak update so chances are those items will already be in.

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 02:46:38 PM »
Wow all nice adds!

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 04:04:19 PM »
Since the tower shields are generally the most popular shield type due to highest AC bonus, would it be possible to include large and small shield appearances for tower shields as well? I've noticed people complaining about lack of possibilities, and that might help a bit.
- Julius Evola

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 05:15:13 PM »
Since the tower shields are generally the most popular shield type due to highest AC bonus, would it be possible to include large and small shield appearances for tower shields as well? I've noticed people complaining about lack of possibilities, and that might help a bit.

Modding a tower shield to appear as a small/large would be silly and cheesing and such against the rules

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »
There are more than several available models that I'd never consider reflecting how a tower shield looks like. I don't see how having a shield's in game appearance adapted to your liking would be breaking rules. Which rules?
- Julius Evola

Dud_Goose

• Undead Slayer
  • The Abominable
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
I believe the kind of cheesing he's referring to is that the shield would be misrepresented as a model that doesn't accurately reflect its mechanics.  I can see what he's getting at, although having the designs available for tower shields would be nice. 

But yeah, a real tower shield would be large enough for someone to take full cover behind, in reality.

In reality, longswords should be greatswords too. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd like to see more polymorph options.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:36:35 PM by Dud_Goose »
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

-Charles Bukowski

booksarefun666

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 02:04:48 PM »
Probably not hak-worthy but since you all are already adding stuff could you add a simple board placable in mist camp like this one?

The trees took enough abuse having papers tacked on.

A minor Glamour

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 04:33:38 AM »
Probably not hak-worthy but since you all are already adding stuff could you add a simple board placable in mist camp like this one?

The trees took enough abuse having papers tacked on.

I see your point but it would look very OOC having a notice board in the mist camp.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
This thread is not for general development suggestions--those go here.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 12:09:49 AM »

Modding a tower shield to appear as a small/large would be silly and cheesing and such against the rules

There are several large shields that are, appearance wise, bigger than some of the tower shields already available. Adding those to tower shields would not be cheesing at all.

I choose often that my characters carry large shields instead of tower shields simply because the tower shields are few and ugly.

Moving some of the large shields over doesn't affect anything except give people more cosmetic liberty when designing their characters appearance.
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Ophelius

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 02:23:55 AM »
What are the possible complications of implementing the alternate combat animations? I know that on another server I've played on they tend to break hilariously when using the incorrect phenotype.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 04:34:04 AM »
New feats are part of the hak updates, right?

We need the die hard feat! Not only that, but barbies (barbarians) should be getting for free :p
Has been described as a sometimey player

NWN_lovableweremink

• Outlander
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 12:27:05 PM »
Any chance of adjusting the character start to give the standard Bioware feats of Simple, Martial, Exotic weapon use- for free? It is really idiotic that without the feat a PC can't even hold the weapon without spending a feat slot. PtoM all ready has certain freebie feats like knockdown given at character creation. Since these feats do not do anything but allow the holding and use of the weapon types it seems that with all the newer haked in feats and abilities that there would be more chance for some interesting and varied builds without the feat limitation of having to pick a weapon type to hold it.  Not only that, but feats do not come every level for every class- and certain weapons, like the pick ax for instance, are craft required.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 12:30:18 PM »
New feats are part of the hak updates, right?

We need the die hard feat! Not only that, but barbies (barbarians) should be getting for free :p

If you want to suggest feats, please make sure your report is complete with stats, link to the source, etc.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »
What are the possible complications of implementing the alternate combat animations? I know that on another server I've played on they tend to break hilariously when using the incorrect phenotype.

They are not compatible with 1.69 and the latest CEP versions, which causes problems.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 12:31:51 PM »
There are several large shields that are, appearance wise, bigger than some of the tower shields already available. Adding those to tower shields would not be cheesing at all.

I choose often that my characters carry large shields instead of tower shields simply because the tower shields are few and ugly.

Moving some of the large shields over doesn't affect anything except give people more cosmetic liberty when designing their characters appearance.

We're adding quite a few new tower shields in the next hak update such as the Warhammer tower shields, the Lineage tower shields. We won't add Large/Small shield appearances to the Tower Shield selection though as that'd be cheesing as others have pointed out.

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2017, 12:54:11 PM »
Actually, I have another idea for a feat, which could be limited for fighting classes only, to give them an additional edge and help them within their area of expertise.

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Great_strength

It is an epic feat, accessible after level 21, but I think there wouldn't be a problem with altering the requirements. The proper requirements are the question worth discussing - strength is an useful attribute, so characters, perhaps, shouldn't get it too early. I suggest to set the requirements for 10 levels of either fighter or barbarian. Another requirement might be disputable: maybe, force the characters to already possess some capabilities beforehand to have the chance of improving through the feat - that means, 14-15 strength.
I realize that we already have five points of attributes to spend through the character's development, but an additional point on a fixed attribute might open additional build routes, and as mentioned before, further improve the usefulness of fighters, without making anything game-breaking.
- Julius Evola