You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Shield Editing Bug  (Read 986 times)

Dolphinracer

• New to the Mists
Shield Editing Bug
« on: April 28, 2017, 02:55:55 PM »
Character Name: Kris Garrinson
Login: Calguin
Issue: The game does not give me the option to edit my shield. This has endured through multiple logins/logouts (about three). I bought a Darkwood Large Shield and ever since then have been unable to edit my shield. I have not tried it with a different shield yet so not sure if its all shields or just this particular one that is causing the issue. I'm also uncertain what triggered it. When I bring up the rest menu it does not list the option to edit the shield, just everything else.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
Re: Shield Editing Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »
I believe the Darkwood shield cannot be edited, though the item doesn't indicate that (usually the item states if it cannot be edited in the description).

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
  • Crazy Motherf**ker named Strahd
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:14:49 PM »
If anecdotes are helpful, I believe I remember seeing another Darkwood item somewhere else in the game that did specify that because the item is Darkwood, its appearance cannot be altered.  Seems reasonable that this logic would extend to other items of the same material, to maintain the "darkwood" appearance.
Baern Blackbanner  - Dwarven Door

booksarefun666

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:51:40 PM »
They purposely make certain items uneditable because they're iconic items or whatever criteria they put on them. The Darkwood shield is one such item.