Author Topic: Western Outskirts Vistani Camp - Caravan Access Suggestion  (Read 1207 times)

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
Western Outskirts Vistani Camp - Caravan Access Suggestion
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »
On the map titled Barovia - Vallaki -Western Outskirts - Vistani Camp, the caravan containing the woman who Identifies all of your gear re-plot-locks every time the area resets.  This made sense originally, since it was a sort of "story" thing where you asked who was there, went in, got your fortune told, and then never had a reason to go back.

Now, every time nobody walks through the area for 15 mins, I have to re-ask Aziz who is in there, and then ask if I can go inside, and then step in to get my loot ID'd.  It's only a small inconvenience and I've already memorized where to spam click in order to get the pop up window out of the way and get the door unlocked, but it just feels like an extra step that isn't present at any of the other camps.  Is there any way this could be removed and the door could just be unlocked, but Aziz can keep his dialogue for first-timers who are being directed to him from Petre and trying to get their fortune read?

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Re: Western Outskirts Vistani Camp - Caravan Access Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:46:36 PM »
Hmmm that makes sense, I always thought the same :P

The door could still relock itself after the area reset, but for people who have already talked to Aziz once, you could simply have an option to ask him if he can unlock the door, and the first-timer could still have the same dialog.

But, yeah I totally agree with that.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 05:08:48 PM »
Normally it should only prompt you once per area reset, no? Afterwards, Aziz should have a different conversation option.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 09:22:57 PM »
Yeah, correct.  It's only a minor issue, but mainly because of my playtime (Middle of the night, US time zone) I find that every time I come into the area it has reset.  So if I go do 3-4 dungeon runs, I find myself asking Aziz "Who is in the caravan?", "Can I go inside?" 3-4 times in the course of a few hours.  My thing is I don't see why a conversation is needed to open the door.  The Drain has a similar mechanic, but that's because some people/factions aren't allowed in there by the gatekeeper.

It's only like a 3 second delay so if it doesn't get changed nobody is going to lose sleep over it, but it just feels out of place.  I couldn't even tell you what he actually says, I never looked twice after the first time I RP'd my way through the area as a noob and got my fortune read.  Now I just rapidly click the conversation options that lead to the door opening, it's just an extra step that isn't present in the Tser Pool or Mist Camp.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:48:52 PM »
Mhm, I checked with Soren to make it persistent over resets for characters but we'd rather not add extra variables for something that's not essentially needed. Actually, looking at it, it should not prompt you more than once per server reset, not area reset. Is that not the case?

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 01:15:33 AM »
Nah, that's what prompted me to make the thread.  I was there for my third time in a few hours on my no-lore-having PC and had a moment where I said mean things to my computer screen while my PC pretended not to know EXACTLY who was inside that caravan.   :lol:

If it's going to take up resources or be any kind of real work though, I'd say nevermind entirely.  This is way too minor to dedicate resources to lol.  Because even if it got set to once per reset, you're still asking this guy once per RL day "Hey, who's in there?" while you hold a huge armful of unidentified gear.