Author Topic: Balinok Lighting  (Read 1420 times)

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
Balinok Lighting
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »
So I was walking around the Balinoks after night time and I notice this...

With a light spell on.

And then crossing over to the tent city was all fine...

...But Krofburg wasn't.

This lighting issue affects all the Balinok zones bar the tent city, to my knowledge, and other players have commented the same issues while playing races with Darkvision/Low-light vision.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Balinok Lighting
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:24:47 AM »
Actually, what you experienced was the foggy Balinoks on a moonless night. The tent city just doesn't have the same fog modifiers that the rest of the Balinoks have.

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »
Actually, what you experienced was the foggy Balinoks on a moonless night. The tent city just doesn't have the same fog modifiers that the rest of the Balinoks have.

I've not had that happen ever before, that is actually interesting. Do you mind if I ask how exactly that works, mechanically?

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 12:03:05 AM »
Even if might seem random or just odd, our weather system is actually an (unreasonably) complex thing. Among a plethora of other things most people probably never notice, it calculates the amount and tint of fog based on current domain humidity combined with local humidity factors, the current temperature and adjusted by the amount of sun- and moonlight - which again is regulated by time of day, month, year, even the Earth-equivalent latitude of the domain!

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
  • Crazy Motherf**ker named Strahd
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »
Even if might seem random or just odd, our weather system is actually an (unreasonably) complex thing. Among a plethora of other things most people probably never notice, it calculates the amount and tint of fog based on current domain humidity combined with local humidity factors, the current temperature and adjusted by the amount of sun- and moonlight - which again is regulated by time of day, month, year, even the Earth-equivalent latitude of the domain!

That is unreasonably amazing.
Baern Blackbanner  - Dwarven Door