Author Topic: Vallaki Warehouse - Gabriel not buying Trade Item (Chain Mail)  (Read 1242 times)

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
  • Crazy Motherf**ker named Strahd
Hello!  After discussing with Tarakku and Dread, I'm posting a possible bug encountered with Gabriel, the NPC managing the Vallaki Warehouse.  When you ask if he has work, and he lists off several craftable items that he will purchase if placed in the Large Crate, one of the listed items is Chain Mail.  I have placed 5 crafted Copper Chain Mails in the large crate (and several other places) and he always says "I don't seem to have an order for that."

Name: Gabriel

Where: Vallaki Warehouse

When: 3/19 and 3/20 (2017)

What: Not paying the 30g per Chain Mail indicated when crafted chain mail suits are placed in the large Trade Goods crate.

Recreate:  Recreated this several times.  At DM Tarakku's direction, I also tried placing the items in the small box (for stored items) and keeping them on my inventory and following the conversation prompts to get him to check for buyable goods, but all attempts result in the "I don't seem to have an order for that" message.

Ideas:  My first thought was that it was an OCR related issue (14 with Barovians, being a Dwarf with miserable CHA), but DM Dread thought there would be some message indicating that.  It could also be that the chain mails are made of Copper, and the item tags he's looking for are bronze or iron chain mail, like the Horseshoes, in which case the list probably just needs to be updated to specify bronze or iron chain mail (or whatever it actually is that he's scripted to look for.)  It currently does not specify any specific type of chain mail...just says "chain mail."

edit: "when" date correction.
Baern Blackbanner  - Dwarven Door

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
Re: Vallaki Warehouse - Gabriel not buying Trade Item (Chain Mail)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »
Most likely it has to do with OCR even if there isn't a message popping up to imply that. 14 is pretty up there.
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »
My first thought is that it was because the chain mail is made out of copper. Far as I know, he only buys bronze or better. It'd be easy enough to test out though.

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
Yeah, just started working in Bronze and made some Bronze spears (another item on his list.)  Tomorrow I'll try again with Bronze Chainmail and we'll see what the results are.

That or I need to invest in some Influence gear... >.>

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 12:28:25 AM »
The second I can beat the -5 penalty to learn a chain mail recipe other than copper, I will test again.  I can however confirm that horseshoes and bronze spears work just fine, which rules out an OCR issue.  I'm leaning toward the problem being copper chain, but will confirm as soon as I'm actually able to do so.

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »
Both the OCR and the mismatch of type are good guesses.

KM wasn't offered work from Gabe except for fetch quests because of Elf OCR, and he never received a message indicating that was the reason.

I've also noticed that the items he wants tend to have to match exactly. As I recall he won't buy items that are better than what he's looking for either. Haven't tried to sell anything to him in a long time, but it seems as though even something like a lining might throw it off.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 11:56:51 AM »
As some have already pointed out correctly, the issue likely is that the armour needs to be made of bronze. I'll make sure that's made more explicit.

Thanks for input!