Author Topic: Price Differences: Enchanted Items  (Read 1870 times)

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
Price Differences: Enchanted Items
« on: March 09, 2017, 07:23:07 PM »
This rather interesting bug, or whatever it is, has been present for some time now. When it comes to modifying my Enchanted Silk Clothing (Ancient Dire Crocodile), compared to my Enchanted Steel plate suit (also Ancient Dire Crocodile), the price difference is actually quite staggering on each individual piece.

Steel Full Plate:

Spoiler: show

Silk Clothing:

Spoiler: show

What I believe is that the material, nor the weight of the item is being taken into account concerning these modifications, but it is the statistics on the armor itself. While I suppose you could argue that it is working as intended, from any realistic position, there should be no reason silk cloth costs more to modify than fully formed plates.

While I believe there should be some amount of gold charged for making modifications on such expensive equipment, I also believe the prices should be looked at for each individual armor class.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:24:57 PM by Sword »
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
Re: Price Differences: Enchanted Items
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »
If there is no way around it for some reason, an alternative is to modify the appearance of the template before making the item itself.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 07:30:52 AM »
I think the price changes depend on how different the new look is from the old one, do they not? While it would be nice if enchanted clothing wasn't so costly to change after enchanting it, I've always been told by other players to make sure you have the look you want before enchanting
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 07:58:24 AM »
The cost for changing any appearance is based on the item's actual worth; in this case, it looks like the cloth item is actually more costly in terms of NwN pricing. This is a fairly automated process; perhaps we could add adjustments based on armor type but don't know if it's really worth it.

Essentially the more an item is worth the more expensive it will be to customize it. After all, if you modify an armor's appearance, you are cutting into the material, replacing things, sewing new stuff, etc. For it to keep its magical properties, you'd need to acquire similar enchanted materials, which are costly.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »
The cost for changing any appearance is based on the item's actual worth; in this case, it looks like the cloth item is actually more costly in terms of NwN pricing. This is a fairly automated process; perhaps we could add adjustments based on armor type but don't know if it's really worth it.

Essentially the more an item is worth the more expensive it will be to customize it. After all, if you modify an armor's appearance, you are cutting into the material, replacing things, sewing new stuff, etc. For it to keep its magical properties, you'd need to acquire similar enchanted materials, which are costly.

This gave me an idea! I have no idea if it's feasible but, perhaps there could be something added so that if it's brought to a tailor(crafting one) and they have enough skill, perhaps the cost could be lowered by that? Just an idea to maybe make more people interested in tailoring
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 03:54:39 PM »

This gave me an idea! I have no idea if it's feasible but, perhaps there could be something added so that if it's brought to a tailor(crafting one) and they have enough skill, perhaps the cost could be lowered by that? Just an idea to maybe make more people interested in tailoring

Good idea.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 01:37:18 PM »

Fyi, this is going to be implemented in the next update. Each crafting level in a craft related to what you are trying to modify will reduce the cost by 1%.

Ie: A level 30 smith who wants to modify a full plate's appearance will pay 30% less. A level 10 tailor will pay 10% less to craft a dress (AC 0).

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 01:53:57 PM »

Fyi, this is going to be implemented in the next update. Each crafting level in a craft related to what you are trying to modify will reduce the cost by 1%.

Ie: A level 30 smith who wants to modify a full plate's appearance will pay 30% less. A level 10 tailor will pay 10% less to craft a dress (AC 0).

Cool! More rp reasons to craft!
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 02:11:16 PM »
Looks like everyone will become Smith's since you can't let another player equip your enchanted items.

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 02:15:37 PM »
Looks like everyone will become Smith's since you can't let another player equip your enchanted items.

Unless somehow they could create crafting dummies that are linked to the craft itself for designing.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan