You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Lis Claret, notes and writing.  (Read 6916 times)

wildflame

• Undead Master
Re: Lis Claret, notes and writing.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »
Lis briefly considered asking the handsome guardian of the city to make a copy for her writing box but thought better of it.
"I'm with enough trouble with the Vicomte already, and Teryn's not radiating his usual joy, no. This is the time to be serious. Just sign and pass it back."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:41:16 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »
Lis sits down in her tent and wraps the rich, soft wolf pelt about her. So much softer than anything found anywhere else, the pile so thick and warm.. and the smell of it.
She opens the inkpot, dips her silver quill in the black liquid and pens a short note with a quivering hand.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:42:49 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
She jots down a quick note, nodding to the Second Lieutenant as she writes down the prices dictated by him.
"Troublemaker, but they still give me tasks, well, a chance to prove myself is always a good thing."

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:44:48 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 06:35:03 PM »
Coming back to the encampment to prepare for the night with Teryn, she was surprised to receive a letter sealed with a wolf's head.
Barely containing her mirth, she hurried back to the tent.
Lis took her time opening the letter, taking care to not harm the wolf seal she decided to cut it from the side, making a tiny incision with her pocket knife and cutting along the side of the paper carefully.

The pressed lily fell out first, a smile she hardly noticed spread across her lips as she couldn't help but recall the last person who sent her such a flower, she wondered briefly where Ange was, quickly forgetting her as she unfolded and read the short letter.

Then she read it again, hoping in vain the words will change, but they did not.
Then she read it again, hand rising to cover her mouth.
With some effort, she tore her eyes from the letter to the dress pressed and folded, and ready for wearing.
The rich wolf furs resting on the rich purple lace seemed to mock both her and this evening, which she'll have to spend alone.

Of course, it would be too good to be true, things are never this easy and I'm not living in a fairytale.
Wake up, Lis, and smell the gunpowder.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:45:39 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »
After the long planning session in which she was not allowed to talk, Lis returned to her tent.
Wiping her eyes of the tired tears that annoyingly kept springing to them, she slapped her cheeks and cast a light spell.
She opened her writing box and looked at the note from Madame Monet's show, smiling.

"Hard work and a bit of luck, she said. Shame I've never been lucky. Guess I'll have to work thrice as hard. Well, at least that is already done, the Demon Rosseau wants to work me to my bones, it seems."
Dipping the quill in ink, she pushed through the exhaustion to her creativity and dipped the quill in ink, thus beginning the time-consuming process of writing a letter she hoped would be worthy of his sunny gaze.

She sealed it.

"Merde."
Carefully prying the wax seal free, she unfolded the paper, sprayed a bit of her perfume on it, and sealed it again.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:47:43 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 07:47:04 PM »
Shielding herself as best she can from the rain, she pressed into the wall of the textile mill and chose a nib.
"A thin one will do best, it must not spill if it's for Lieutenant Jerome's hands."

Folding the note, she watched the workers, tied to the fence of the mill as if they were nothing more than frightened cattle.
"This is not the way it should be. Why are we doing this? These citizens did nothing wrong, they are not prisoners, nor Caliban. They are good, honest workers driven to such great need they would take arms and fight. The right thing to do is take up arms alongside them, fight for their right to work ten hour days, and not be treated like chattel.

The Fox tending to their wounds made her heart sing, despite the grim situation.
"Rene, my dear younger brother. You grew up so fast and saw fit to share your rations with the workers, I am proud of you, younger brother. Someday you will make a fortunate woman very, very happy."

She looked at Charlotte, so intent on taking care of one of the young children there, and wondered if the child minded the stench of tobacco coming from the noblewoman.
Charlotte. Pah. The Falkovnian creature had a point, despite all her hatred and anger. That noblewoman that hides who and what she is from her parents, whom she is supposed to respect and trust. A bed warmer for the Second Lieutenant has no place in my heart, making such a bad example of the officer rank there's no wonder nobles and soldiers alike mock her behind her back.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:48:20 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 07:09:59 AM »

Lis folded the letter and the printed list of weapons, sealed and sent it.
"The last of my duties for the day, complete!"

She stretched, lying back on her cot for a short moment before rolling off. The next item on her agenda was waiting. She got up, dressed in the pressed dress uniform of the Company, and set in search of a slice of fine, fresh cheesecake. A content smile on red lips spread itself as she walked through the City of Light.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:49:35 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »
A note is scribbled in Low Mordentish, the script of the writing and neatness of the blank seal stand in stark contrast to the poor condition of the paper.
The note is then passed in confidence to another, to be given to a certain man.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:52:11 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2017, 06:46:41 AM »
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:53:04 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »
Returning to her tent, Lis removed the sash and her traveling clothes and stared at the dress uniform for a good, long while before finally pulling it on and penning a letter.

She sprayed the inside of the envelope with a bit of perfume before sealing it and sending it into the city.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:53:54 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 07:54:34 PM »
When Lis woke up in cold sweat for the first time that month she felt a little afraid, her ear strained to hear something, anything that might tell she is not alone. She took long, steadying breath, listening to the soldiers walk, the campfire burn, the spring winds blow. Carefully she sat up and took the closest piece of paper, shutting her eyes tight as if that would chase away the exhaustion.
"I'll talk to the Madame about this in the morning.."

When she woke up in cold sweat for the second time, feeling the moisture begin to itch on her back Lis simply felt as if she was being punished. After a very aggressively cast light spell, she unfolded the stained thing and began to scratch away, sleep still tugging at the corners of her eye and movements of her pen.

Spoiler: show
 5-apr-772
My revolutionary sash turned to Wood, and the Vicomte's disapproving gaze lit it up.
It burned, and so did I, leaving only ashes behind.
Madame says, reinvent yourself.

11-apr-772
Teryn was suffering from some disease (Ira?) and I wanted to cure him.. I knew what I had to do, somehow, so I got some human blood and smeared it on his face, under his eyes, and he was cured.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:57:39 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »
Lis sat on the stone and unfolded the piece of paper she's added to, after considering it for a long moment,
she slaps at her cheeks to bring some blush into them and dissipate her thoughtful expression.
She summons a brave smile, then goes to find him.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:58:15 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2017, 02:54:04 PM »
Lis sat down and spread the fresh piece of paper in front of her.
She wiped her eyes, and tied her hair back before opening the ink pot.
Holding the pen above the black pool, she paused. I'm not going to ruin another nib with dried ink, I'll dip it when I figure out how to write it..
Her back stiff from sitting still for so long, she got up, taking her rapier before carefully exiting the room and softly locking the door behind her.

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 07:36:02 PM »
Lis returned to the inn room that evening, she sat and prepared to write, only to realize that in her absentmindedness she did not close the pot of ink, and it had dried out.

She sealed the useless pot of ink, and carefully crumpled up the clean sheet of paper over it, before throwing it at the opposite wall with all the force she could muster.

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:31 AM »
A woman is sitting at the broken spire.

She has been sitting there for quite a while, now, and so have two drained cups of coffee.

Half a slice of her favorite pumpkin pie uneaten and pushed to the side, next to many sheets of paper, some crumpled, others bearing lines she is referencing.

Her clothes are clean and crisp, skirts in a fashionable length, her skin had a healthy blush to it but the woman herself was clearly troubled, white teeth clacking against the dessert fork in her mouth in an undignified display.

Her other hand is missing a glove that has also been pushed away, and is holding a seagull feathered quill, it hangs suspended above yer another piece of paper. She leans a closed fist to her elbow, bent forward as if trying to decipher something she has written.

Pushing it all away, she stands up and paces the room before returning with another cup of coffee, and picks her quill up.

Lifts and places the piece of paper on top of all the others, and reaches for another, only stopping to wipe her eyes before she continues lest the paper be stained.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:12:48 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 06:47:16 AM »
Sitting in the Broken Spire, the cake and coffee already finished, she took to the quill and wrote, a soft smile on her lips all the while.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:37:13 AM by wildflame »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2017, 04:01:03 PM »

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2018, 01:05:26 AM »
A woman in a spotless Company uniform is running in a most unladylike manner, nearly bouncing with unrestrained joy, a folded paper held tight in her hand.

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2018, 03:32:21 AM »