Author Topic: Lis Claret, notes and writing.  (Read 1060 times)

wildflame

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
Re: Lis Claret, notes and writing.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »
Lis briefly considered asking the handsome guardian of the city to make a copy for her writing box but thought better of it.
"I'm with enough trouble with the Vicomte already, and Teryn's not radiating his usual joy, no. This is the time to be serious. Just sign and pass it back."

wildflame

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »
Lis sits down in her tent and wraps the rich, soft wolf pelt about her. So much softer than anything found anywhere else, the pile so thick and warm.. and the smell of it.
She opens the inkpot, dips her silver quill in the black liquid and pens a short note with a quivering hand.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:42:52 PM by wildflame »

wildflame

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
She jots down a quick note, nodding to the Second Lieutenant as she writes down the prices dictated by him.
"Troublemaker, but they still give me tasks, well, a chance to prove myself is always a good thing."

wildflame

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 06:35:03 PM »
Coming back to the encampment to prepare for the night with Teryn, she was surprised to receive a letter sealed with a wolf's head.
Barely containing her mirth, she hurried back to the tent.
Lis took her time opening the letter, taking care to not harm the wolf seal she decided to cut it from the side, making a tiny incision with her pocket knife and cutting along the side of the paper carefully.

The pressed lily fell out first, a smile she hardly noticed spread across her lips as she couldn't help but recall the last person who sent her such a flower, she wondered briefly where Ange was, quickly forgetting her as she unfolded and read the short letter.

Then she read it again, hoping in vain the words will change, but they did not.
Then she read it again, hand rising to cover her mouth.
With some effort, she tore her eyes from the letter to the dress pressed and folded, and ready for wearing.
The rich wolf furs resting on the rich purple lace seemed to mock both her and this evening, which she'll have to spend alone.

Of course, it would be too good to be true, things are never this easy and I'm not living in a fairytale.
Wake up, Lis, and smell the gunpowder.

wildflame

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »
After the long planning session in which she was not allowed to talk, Lis returned to her tent.
Wiping her eyes of the tired tears that annoyingly kept springing to them, she slapped her cheeks and cast a light spell.
She opened her writing box and looked at the note from Madame Monet's show, smiling.

"Hard work and a bit of luck, she said. Shame I've never been lucky. Guess I'll have to work thrice as hard. Well, at least that is already done, the Demon Rosseau wants to work me to my bones, it seems."
Dipping the quill in ink, she pushed through the exhaustion to her creativity and dipped the quill in ink, thus beginning the time-consuming process of writing a letter she hoped would be worthy of his sunny gaze.

She sealed it.

"Merde."
Carefully prying the wax seal free, she unfolded the paper, sprayed a bit of her perfume on it, and sealed it again.