Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Suggestions for Shield feats

(1/9) > >>

Amon-Si:
So, I had a big ol brainstorm with Flattened Fifth and we've come up with some stuff that might be groovy!
Obviously these are just general and totally up for discussion, modification, etc.

Skilled Blocking:
A talented shield user knows how and when to use even a small shield to good effect
Grants a bonus to AC based on [Skill] up to the point of a small or large shield being as effective as a tower shield

Shield Angling:
A devotee of the shield can lessen the power of a blow, even if it does pass his guard
Grants a damage a immunity (Physical) to a shield user based on that shields base AC
5% for small, 10% for large and 15% for Tower

Shield Wall:
You have learned to fight with a shield in a coordinated group with other, trained individuals.
For each other friendly player within X ft who also has the Shield Wall feat, you gain +1 Dodge AC Up to a cap of Y.

Mystic Block:
You have honed your skills to the point where you may anticipate and intercept incoming offensive, targeted spells
You gain a Spell Resistance equal to 10+3 for every base point of AC of your shield.
13 for small, 16 for large and 19 for Tower

Stoic Shield I, II and III
Your hard work and practice has paid off, making you harder to strike with your shield in hand.
Grants +1 AC for each level, taken to a maximum of [Skill]/10 Or +3 AC, whichever is lowest.

I thought [Skill] Could possibly be discipline, and all of these feats would need us to work out requirements of level, class, and stats.
So, what do y'all think?

dazza555:

--- Quote from: Amon-Si on February 07, 2017, 05:16:01 AM ---Shield Wall:
You have learned to fight with a shield in a coordinated group with other, trained individuals.
For each other friendly player within X ft who also has the Shield Wall feat, you gain +1 Dodge AC Up to a cap of Y.

--- End quote ---

I -really- like the idea of this one. I think it's best made as a timed activated ability, kind of like bardsong. I'm not sure if uses per day makes sense, but it would be infitting with the nature of the server. I don't know much about programming so I have no idea how hard or easy it would be to implement something like this.

--- Quote from: Amon-Si on February 07, 2017, 05:16:01 AM ---Stoic Shield I, II and III
Your hard work and practice has paid off, making you harder to strike with your shield in hand.
Grants +1 AC for each level, taken to a maximum of [Skill]/10 Or +3 AC, whichever is lowest.

--- End quote ---

This particular skill might tip the balance too much into the favour of shields over swords.

FlattedFifth:

--- Quote from: Amon-Si on February 07, 2017, 05:16:01 AM ---Stoic Shield I, II and III

I thought [Skill] Could possibly be discipline, and all of these feats would need us to work out requirements of level, class, and stats.
So, what do y'all think?

--- End quote ---

Did some math and review of available items, how about a single feat that grants +1 AC for every 15 points of discipline while using a shield, to a MAX of +2? Maybe grant pure class fighters an additional +1 ac, for a total of 3.

New Feat: Stoic Shield
Requirements: Base Attack Bonus +6, Shield Proficiency
Description: You've trained hard with using a shield in combat allowing you to use the shield more effectively. Devoted warriors can use the shield even better.
Effect: You gain +1 Dodge AC when using a shield for every 15 points of Discipline, up to a max of +2. Pure Class Fighters gain an additional +1 Dodge AC when using a shield.

Iridni Ren:

--- Quote from: Amon-Si on February 07, 2017, 05:16:01 AM ---Shield Angling:
A devotee of the shield can lessen the power of a blow, even if it does pass his guard
Grants a damage a immunity (Physical) to a shield user based on that shields base AC
5% for small, 10% for large and 15% for Tower

--- End quote ---

Likey this one the best. I would like it even more if the immunity includes area of effect damage. Could be a seperate feat, but this is what I mean:

Spoiler: show

lakhena:
Shield wall sounds amazing and reminds me of this Roman awesomeness:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version