Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Behaviour of Deer, Mink, et cetera

(1/2) > >>

FlattedFifth:
Just a thought.... recently I keep seeing some guy walking up to just about every animal and killing them with a greatsword. You shouldn't really be able to just walk right up to a deer and cut its head off. Maybe make deer, mink, otter, squirrels, and other herbivorous and/or small animals run away from us by default. Maybe even make deer faster than most of us by giving them the barb or monk fast movement feat. We should have to hunt them with ranged weapons, not just slaughter them with axes like sheep.

*shrugs*

Anyway, just a thought.

Pav:
They do run away from us by default. If they do not, they were cornered, or some latency issues on someone's end.

FlattedFifth:
They're not running away from me, and if they're running away from others they should perhaps do so a wee bit faster.

Anyway, not a big deal, really, it just kinda made me go "huh?" when I saw some guy "hunting" them with a greatsword.

Miuo:
It seems to very much of the time, which I think is fairly realistic. Sometimes they outright flee whenever you get close. Other times some of them will hold their ground and "stare menacingly" at you. I don't think the deer emote such, but it would be nifty if such was extended to all not inherently hostile creatures. Or at least create different ones for each creature category. Such as bears growling and rising up on two feet when you get too close, deers flaring their nostrils and scoring the ground with a hoof, etc.

Philos:
Animal react differently to Rangers and Druids. The higher your animal empathy skill the better their reaction will be.

--- Quote ---Zarathustra217 -  http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=433.msg567629#msg567629
Changelog - 1st of February 2017 Version BETA 2.02o title "Tolerance."

Area, Item and NPC changes:

- Minor.

Scripting and System changes:

- Fixed an issue with the DM Store Object tool.

- Made AI no longer be alarmed by seeing fleeing herbivore animals.

- Made wildlife friendliness depend on Animal Empathy score rather than just class.

- Made associates better at following.

- Disabled casting spells on PCs in spirit form.

- Made spell and feat uses restore after a server reset.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version