You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Barovia- Old Svalich Road- Approaching the Pass  (Read 2278 times)

DM Stygian Witch

• Read books, not tablets!
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • I love Vecna more than the Morninglord!
Barovia- Old Svalich Road- Approaching the Pass
« on: February 15, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
A ghastly scene is witnessed by travelers near the approach of the Barovian Gates, a single vistani wagon ambushed, set a fire and its three occupants (a boy, his mother and father) slaughtered by what appears to be bandits. Numerous booted foot prints surround the massacre and if inspected the killing wounds seem to have been delivered by club and blade. No survivors or witness remain.

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
Re: Barovia- Old Svalich Road- Approaching the Pass
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 06:49:13 AM »
Joined lightning and magic crackle upon the crags by the mountain pass, shaking loose rock and frightening the native cats and mountain goats to hide away for the day. Whatever occurred in the night has assuredly left its mark upon the wildlife.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 03:38:18 AM »
The downpour of rain upon the craggy mountains would muffle the foreign chants and prayers escaping from a nearby den, invoking a dread malice that coupled the pleading cries of a female that ceased soon after it started.

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 03:12:17 AM »
A curious sight sits alongside the road ascending the pass from the west. A lit candle nestles in the crook of the roots of a tree, largely sheltered from the ubiquitous Barovian rain. Two white lilies flank it, and a parchment is carefully secured alongside them. Letters scribed in a tidy hand fill the page with a short message:

A dear friend who brought me much joy and with whom I regret not spending more time.

A good fellow who I never had the joy of meeting, but who brought much joy to those I cherish.

Walk in the Light. May you both dwell in everlasting bliss.

Spoiler: show
//Placed in-game.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 05:21:51 PM »
more and more dwarves seem to gather upon a make shift camp

dwarven song rings trough the night, as the chopping of wood continues mixed with sounds of wetstones on metal.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company