You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Suggestion: The Redoubtable Chapel improvement  (Read 417 times)

Talis

• Undead Slayer
Suggestion: The Redoubtable Chapel improvement
« on: February 26, 2024, 05:54:07 PM »
Hi there,

This is possibly a minor request but it came up IC and I feel like it might be a fairly simple addition.

This is the Redoubtable Chapel at Raduta Keep. It's a nice secondary temple for the Ezra faction, especially given the history of the locale and the fact that it is of the Second Sect. It's a good spot to have sermons/events at in order to change up the location a bit, too.

However one thing that might help is the addition of a confession booth, perhaps at the back wall. Offering confession at the end of a service is a tradition and there actually isn't anywhere to do it here save for in the makeshift dormitory at the corner. That's my main suggestion and request.

What follows is a larger request that would likely take a lot more effort:

The rest of the Chapel could do with a bit of TLC. Some PCs (especially Gregorie Favreau) often use carpentry to make the place look amazing. They do 'repairs' and create lots of wooden walls to cover up the rubble. They add little shrines to pray at, etc etc. Every server restart this resets, which just feels like a bit of a shame. Plus, so much time has passed since the fall of Raduta that I think the Church putting some effort into repairing the Chapel and sprucing it up makes sense.

They manage to have a Toret, an active children's choir, aplenty Templars and lots of supplies to sell, so maybe a bit of effort into maintaining the walls/sprucing the place up wouldn't go amiss. It does seem very Ezran (and Second Sect) to try and inspire people who arrive after all. Even (especially?) if the rest of the Keep is so haunted and cursed. The donations must go somewhere!

Thanks for the consideration.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 05:58:43 PM by Talis »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Re: Suggestion: The Redoubtable Chapel improvement
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 05:59:19 PM »
+100 - seriously, would love even some minor love to the Temple, both suggestions are great.

Wu Tang Dan

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Master
  • So the world might be mended.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 06:08:13 PM »
Biased but yes, I am all for both proposals.

"For when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the gentler gamester is the soonest winner."

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 06:13:25 PM »
The lack of a confession booth makes it difficult to have proper services there, that's for sure.  Confession regularly follows the Fifth Day Service, usually.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 11:37:38 PM »
+1 to the confession booth, at the very least. If the Church of Ezra has enough moxie to keep an entire choir of kids in the chapel that's built into the haunted castle, I'd like to think they'd be punctilious enough to at least guarantee they'd checked "have a confession booth" off their to-do list, too. Priorities, y'know?

Elements of the Ezrite faction have been based out of the chapel before, so in server canon the structure is "regularly used" for ecclesiastical purposes by both PCs and NPCs.

Also +1-ing this because the Sacred Rose--which isn't a lore-sponsored faction--was able to put a confessional in their church. Seems fair that the Ezrites would have one if they were supposed to.

Talis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 05:41:02 AM »
Another justification for this that crossed my mind - confession is a key part of the baptism ritual. You confess before you are baptised.

Given the Second Sect is all about converting other people into the faith, I reckon they'd definitely want to have all the tools to perform that function. :)

Zantul

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Outlander
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 07:43:30 AM »
+1 to the confession booth, at the very least. If the Church of Ezra has enough moxie to keep an entire choir of kids in the chapel that's built into the haunted castle, I'd like to think they'd be punctilious enough to at least guarantee they'd checked "have a confession booth" off their to-do list, too. Priorities, y'know?

Elements of the Ezrite faction have been based out of the chapel before, so in server canon the structure is "regularly used" for ecclesiastical purposes by both PCs and NPCs.

Also +1-ing this because the Sacred Rose--which isn't a lore-sponsored faction--was able to put a confessional in their church. Seems fair that the Ezrites would have one if they were supposed to.

Yes please with sugar, at least a beat up looking confession booth. Beggers can't be choosers!

Darmaniac

• The Underworld
  • New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 09:19:15 AM »
Totally agree, time flys by. Things change and some love would of been put into that chapel with how frequently its visited. I do like that location aswell.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 11:00:02 AM »
I'll add a confessions booth but keep in mind the Chapel is pretty much void of Barovians. Barovians are for the vast majority not religious, and highly suspicious of Ezra in particular. The Chapel's purpose is primarily to help contain the threat of Raduta Keep but no sane Barovian would go there.

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 02:30:51 PM »
I'll add a confessions booth but keep in mind the Chapel is pretty much void of Barovians. Barovians are for the vast majority not religious, and highly suspicious of Ezra in particular. The Chapel's purpose is primarily to help contain the threat of Raduta Keep but no sane Barovian would go there.

Practically speaking, Raduta is the church those whom cannot enter vallaki for whatever reason go to in the congregation (outcasts, banished, etc,) so it does make sense in that light.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

Talis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 07:42:03 PM »

Thank you.

Wolrath

• Outlander
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 07:46:22 PM »
having that place restored will be a well deserved prize for all the RP ye lot took in there. I had some good moments back in the times we met wodn there with zal.
Totally agree on the topic! got my +1
Active: Zalbaag Hyrule- Salmour Crovas
Sometime: Wolrath / Greeven / Ixivill