You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Mithril armor...less armor check penalty?  (Read 1536 times)

L30

• New to the Mists
Mithril armor...less armor check penalty?
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »
I'd like to know some things...

Is there heavier armor...Like full plate but with less ACP in this server?

Also I plan to build a 2h sword paladin with improved parry.

Will my parry work...Considering I will wear Full plate of Mithril if it's possible.

Daboomer

• Dark Power
Re: Mithril armor...less armor check penalty?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:07:39 PM »
Hey, mithril full plates is not a thing. But with imp parry as a feat and ranks in parry a twohander paladin is likely a valid build. I'm not an expert at it but you will get ac for ranks in parry, the effect will not be as good in heavy armor as it would be on someone with higher dex and less armor. But i imagine it can still be a decent way to go.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »
Unfortunately there's no full plate with lower ACP, so maxing out parry (getting +25 skill check) means you will need at least +1  from equipment to max out parry. Without it, you're stuck at 24 (Skill Focus Parry and Improved Parry give +7 but ACP from full plate is -7 so without other considerations your maximum is 23 ranks +1 from capped Dex).

There are a few items that give Parry bonuses, but most aren't so good. Gloves of Swordplay give +3 Parry, for example, but that means forfeiting better items in your gloves slot.

Not sure it there exists a Great sword with +Parry. If there is, that'd be a good choice.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
Hey, mithril full plates is not a thing. But with imp parry as a feat and ranks in parry a twohander paladin is likely a valid build. I'm not an expert at it but you will get ac for ranks in parry, the effect will not be as good in heavy armor as it would be on someone with higher dex and less armor. But i imagine it can still be a decent way to go.

Mythral armour does exist IG. Both as a loot drop set of medium armour that has reduced arcane spell failure and as craftable ingots which drop quite infrequently.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »
But no reduced ACP, right?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Sewerfish

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 04:11:36 PM »
I'm doing this with a cleric. It works, it's fun. You can also take expertise to increase AC as needed.