You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: CEP Weapons/Fashion Items Feats  (Read 729 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
CEP Weapons/Fashion Items Feats
« on: January 31, 2017, 11:13:01 PM »
I know other servers have found workarounds, but for here. Would it be a simple and relatively easy to tie the items to existing feats? Like the assassin dagger and sai being tied to dagger feats. Or flintlocks to light crossbows?

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Re: CEP Weapons/Fashion Items Feats
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:57:33 PM »
That would mean that taking a feat that should only give bonus to one type of weapon would give bonus to more than one type of weapon... I'm against that. If it was possible to add new feat to cover those weapon I'd say go for it!

This topic was covered many times before and the answer have always been that it couldn't be done. Two answers Blue made regarding that topic in the past. Hopefully it answer your question. ;)

You can create new feats, but you can't create feats that modify the way the combat engine works. So there is absolutely no way to make weapon specialization feats for custom weapons.

There are attempts to work around the issue by having a script that constantly checks if you have the custom weapons equipped, adds a bonus to a creature skin on your character if it is equipped, and removes the bonus if it's not, but that method has problems that we're not comfortable implementing:

1. The script constantly running and scanning every player's inventory can cause lag
2. The script can be unreliable and sometimes either doesn't add the bonus or doesn't remove it
3. It requires a NWNX plugin, and most of those plugins can be unstable when mixed with other plugins, causing the server to crash often

Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness