You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Fear, Frighten, Scare glitch  (Read 1080 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Fear, Frighten, Scare glitch
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:35:54 PM »
More often then not Ive gotten murdered by this and witnesses can ateast but something isn't right with the fear effect. Two known problems is often when a player is feared recovery is often longer than normal in addition when cured of fear there is is an odd glitch where you have control of your character returned but randomly you lose control of them running off in a direction with out notice or canceling a spell action etc.

Im not sure if fear is workong properly for certain alignments per protection of alignment either asi cone across some evil creatures like demons and yet I was still feared. Not certain this is due to them betting some Dc based on the cast protection.

Also Im not sure if the rule applies like vanilla nwn and pnp but once you been feared by a creature you cant be feared by them again for tjat game day. I know in some Vanilla mods this was implemented not certain in this mod.

I guess first can we see if thr glitch of random movement aftwr fear being cured can be fix? This proves to be a problem and theres nothing I could find that states the character would still randomly panic after being cured. Also is there anything in the scripts of the protection spells says that another creaturr/caster can break said protection with a roll? This isnt a big issue but not sure if this is like th Winter Wolves where alignment may be incorrect and thus thebspell is useless I found this to happen with the Demon knights in lasynge (sp?) So far and some of the demons in Perfidus.

Minor but if any have an answer on the being feared by same creature immunity and thisbis diffrent from Vanilla and pnp let me know. I know some mods remove this for certain reasons and this being a gothic horror its understandavle but I cant find anything on it.

Thanks in advance
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Re: Fear, Frighten, Scare glitch
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:44:21 PM »
Protection from Alignment
Spell Level: Bard 1; Cleric 1; Paladin 1; Wizard / Sorcerer 1

Innate Level: 1

School: Abjuration

Descriptor:

Component: Verbal, Somatic

Range: Touch

Area of Effect / Target: Single

Duration: 1 Hour + 1 Hour / Level

Additional Counter Spells:

Save: None

Spell Resistance: No

When this spell is cast, the caster chooses a target to be protected from either good or evil. The target receives a +2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 to all saving throws against creatures of the chosen alignment. As well, the target is protected against all Charm and Domination effects used by creatures of any alignment.

Protection from Alignment was changed so that it no longer protects against Fear.
: )

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: Fear, Frighten, Scare glitch
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:30:53 AM »
Darn that explains alot.  That makes sense now
 Ty on that one Bahamut.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."