Author Topic: Empty Character List  (Read 1723 times)

Mistfader

• New to the Mists
Empty Character List
« on: December 03, 2016, 07:40:17 PM »
This bug happens right after connecting, at said character list. I've checked my username about 5 or 6 times, reconnected from the normal game, even used another username I accidentally logged in with at one point (I did nothing meaningful with the character at that point), but it always manifests identically.

The bug itself is just that the entire character list is empty. New characters have been created, but I have yet to see what happens if I relog after creation. I started having this problem somewhere around 8-9 PM GMT, when I first tried to log in today.

For the sake of reproducibility, I'll state that although very little has changed the circumstances today, yesterday I created a character, relogged as the wrong username to take control of the character (still in OOC zone), relogged as the right username after being told that username matters, then set my password and left for IC lands. In addition, I have been informed that seeing around a dozen vaulted characters upon logging in is also a bug, doubly so when toggling premades off didn't get rid of them (I assumed they were PCs at the time, so I cannot name names). I feel it's worth noting that the last time I was logged in and able to use this character was when I set the password and walked around, talked with another player, then was inconveniently forced to DC by RL circumstances about 50 metres from the caravan camp. I only joined the community yesterday, so I am not a returning old player nor someone with an alt.

If I'm missing anything, please let me know, I'm more than happy to assist. I'll keep checking on this situation, and will either edit this post or make a new one (please state preference if any) if it magically resolves itself.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Empty Character List
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 07:58:42 PM »
Not sure if it matters, but do you have your unique multiplayer keys? If you bought it from gog.com you just need to contact them to request it
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Mistfader

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »
I did get the MP keys, and you don't need to request them any more; they're in your library.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 10:20:45 PM »
What is the username you are logging in with?

Mistfader

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 11:09:59 PM »
Sorry for long time to reply, I'm just poking in when able right now. Hopefully I'll have a quicker response time soon.

Erm, my username is Mistfader when connecting, and the other login I accidentally used for a few seconds was just a lowercase "s", if that's relevant.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 09:03:14 AM »
Make sure to remember that usernames are case sensitive.

Mistfader

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »
Yup, the launcher even saved my username from the last time I used my character. I also did test it by changing the first letter's capitalisation, still nothing.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
I would at this point try reinstalling the game.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »
Try using direct connect instead of the launcher. I prefer the direct connect option myself.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Mistfader

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 06:10:17 PM »
I did try direct connecting, no cigar.

I'm still waiting for the DL to finish on the completely fresh copy of Ravenloft to go with my completely fresh copy of NWN I DLed, since reinstalling from the setups I had didn't work. Will report back in another hour or two, I'm guessing.

Edit: Nope, still nada off of a completely fresh install.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:02:18 PM by Mistfader »

Setras

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 05:49:20 PM »
I encountered this aswell. I checked my login and it still gave no results.