You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Notices & Flyers  (Read 2787 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Notices & Flyers
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:26:54 AM »
Rather then simply dropping them all over the ground and having them look like brown bags. Would it be possible to add some sort of sign or plaque in the MC and Outskirts where we could put them into a inventory on the sign?

Even a invisible object with a inventory on the tree in the outskirts where most put their fliers would be pretty nice, with a plc or two of notices attacked to the tree would nice a little little addition to the area as well i think. As its been a long standing tradition of that being the spot where all such advertisements and such are placed.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Notices & Flyers
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 03:04:24 AM »
I've been thinking about this, actually. I'll see what I can do.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 12:04:24 PM »
I do like the idea, but maybe there should be a way that you can instantly see that something is on the "sign or plaque". like we have it now the flyers are very hard to miss, and it would be a shame if that changes.
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Ophelius

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »
Wouldn't the inventory of the sign reset upon server reset/area reset?

zodiacspear

• Undead Slayer
  • The Segata Sanshiro of Ravenloft
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »
We also need to consider that more placeables that are in an area, the greater the lag is going to be. Too many items on the ground, too many corpses, too many placeables could effectively make playing in some areas unbearable.  A single placeable to put fliers on could reduce the lag.  This is another reason why I heavily suggest merchant happy PCs use buildable chests, or carry around ones, to put items in rather than on the ground.

And with the talk of the lag/delay with the server move, reducing lag should be important.
Zodiacspear (aka Timgood)
Current active character(s): Garbhan Ross (Forfarian Warrior), Erutáron Xillen (Sithican Rebel) Vulg Graynoor (Lost Aasimar)

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 09:36:00 PM »
Its 1-3 plcs. . . O..o i hardly think that will cripple the area with unbearable lag. .

I do like the idea, but maybe there should be a way that you can instantly see that something is on the "sign or plaque". like we have it now the flyers are very hard to miss, and it would be a shame if that changes.

If its done in the manner i suggested, that would mean -EVERY- poster/flyers info would appear in the same spot when you examine from a distance. One of the reasons i suggested this, was in hopes people might actually spare a few seconds to actually rp checking the sign as they do the bounty board to see whats there.

Rather then just standing around in the same general spots, oocly examining signs and reading the info without ever moving or actually checking the sign. Id love to see it more like the bounty board. With a neatly organized list by the order they were added, and then a option to put up a flyer which would open a inv you deposit the paper into and it makes a entry on the board. That would be the ideal method. But just a placeable with a inv for paper to be put inside to keep the items off the ground and have players actually need to go over to check such would be nice.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »
I think the big problem with this is that it'd be a massive vulnerability issue for people who want to post things discreetly. It's way easier to litter flyers around in places people aren't expecting and get out without being noticed. If everything has to go on a board in one spot in-game, there'll probably be two or three people sitting around them in stealth at all times just waiting to see who's posting what.
: )

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 10:42:42 PM »
Oh, thats by no means whats being suggested. Whats being suggested is that the two spots i mentioned have a plc added that can hold the items where people most frequintly place their signs. Players still have 100% freedom to drop signs any where else, like at every road sign, in the drain, all over port, etc. This suggested is only mean to target the two trees which players have a long standing tradition of placing their signs at.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:17:26 PM »
Placing a notice board on the tree, where people can leave their flyers is easy enough to do. It's not a bad idea per say. The problem is that it could (and by my experience "would") also be used as a place to dump whatever a player's don't want anymore. Given the choice of leaving flyers on the ground, or a tree serving as a trash can, i'll keep the status quo on the issue.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Snarling_Badger

• Gundarakite Rebels
  • Undead Slayer
  • makin' pancakes
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 01:27:33 AM »
Well, there's plenty of trashcans to dump unwanted items in across the sever. In fact, there is a trash can right near the main tree in the Outskirts outside the Lady's Rest. Could add one close to the Mist Camp tree if there isn't one already. I know there are several in Port near where commonly placed flyers are.

It would be neat if there were a few of these boards across populated areas of the server.. any maybe a couple outside settlements, along the roads... signs at crossroads or whatnot.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 05:41:21 AM »
I think the big problem with this is that it'd be a massive vulnerability issue for people who want to post things discreetly. It's way easier to litter flyers around in places people aren't expecting and get out without being noticed. If everything has to go on a board in one spot in-game, there'll probably be two or three people sitting around them in stealth at all times just waiting to see who's posting what.

I mean, there's nothing stopping you from still dropping screeds from stealth. Now there's just another location to organize more legitimate advertisements and notices. 

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
Bumpity.

I was putting down some new flyers and thought I might nudge the topic some. Since this was why I originally suggested such.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:37:44 AM by Miuo »

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 08:25:41 AM »
I've never seen that much flyers on tree before... Are these all your flyers?
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 08:37:07 AM »
Four of them are mine XD. But that's not terribly uncommon since we -have- to put ig flyers if we post one on forums :3 Resets eat them up pretty often though :/ Which is annoying >..<

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »
How many of those are yours though? I saw you hang up 4 posters on that tree the other day.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »
Four of them are mine XD. But that's not terribly uncommon since we -have- to put ig flyers if we post one on forums :3 Resets eat them up pretty often though :/ Which is annoying >..<

I said four XD