You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Half-plate aesthetics  (Read 1462 times)

booksarefun666

Half-plate aesthetics
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:50:30 PM »
Half-plate, while rare to see nowadays, is still a viable option and might even be taken by Elven fighters that can afford the extra dex or bladestaff lovers. The torso options though are fairly abysmal with only two-three options and I was wondering if the powers that be would in support making it share the torso options with full plate?

Half-plate's torsos didn't look too dissimilar from full plate and where it truly differed was the bottom half was slightly more exposed to aid with mobility (google gothic half-plate) which you already see done with full plate among some players.

FlattedFifth

• Outlander
Re: Half-plate aesthetics
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »
My character also wears half plate, and I agree about teh oooogly. However, I think that the torsos are what determines the type of the armor, and that it's hard coded that way.

If I'm wrong about that, then yes, I agree whole-heartedly. For now I cover up with a robe that looks like a tabard.

I wonder if it would be possible to copy some of the appearance of plate torsos to the robe options? There are a couple "robe" options that cover only the torso, I believe one looks like some kind of padded armor torso and one looks like a studded leather torso.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:21:29 PM by FlattedFifth »

MrSmiley

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • New to the Mists
Re: Half-plate aesthetics
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 04:23:33 PM »
Pretty much every fighter that wants to go the WM route is going to have half-plate too, such as with my character so it isn't that uncommon to see. And I'd love some more options if possible. +1