Author Topic: Incorrect application of DR *not a bug*  (Read 1134 times)

dazza555

• Undead Master
  • Calibardbarian
    • http://morningstarani.deviantart.com
Incorrect application of DR *not a bug*
« on: October 17, 2016, 06:33:10 AM »

I think the damage reduction on adamantine shields is incorrectly set-up.

I think the "Reduction" and the "Amount" are meant to be in each other's places?

Unless ofcourse the shield is only meant to reduce damage taken by 1. In which case, just ignore me.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Incorrect application of DR
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 10:08:39 AM »
The wording of the property is a little awkward, but it is intended to represent 1/+5, the "+" always representing the enhancement level required to penetrate.

Quote from: nwnwiki
Damage reduction is typically expressed in the form "20/+3" or "+3 soak 20 damage". This indicates the amount of damage ignored (20) and the power of the weapon needed to penetrate the effect (+3). Thus a creature with 20/+3 damage reduction ignores the first 20 points of damage from any weapon that does not have an enhancement bonus or attack bonus of +3 or greater. Some feat-based damage reduction is expressed in the form "20/-". In this case, all physical damage is reduced, regardless of bonuses on the weapon.

In fact I changed this in the official tlk a year ago, but I guess that was after the last hak update. You'll see a better wording after the next hak update, I suppose, whenever that is.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:24:29 AM by Bad_Bud »

dazza555

• Undead Master
  • Calibardbarian
    • http://morningstarani.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 10:34:38 AM »
Oh, so adamantine equipment can only ever absorb 1 point of damage in total?

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »
No, but adamantine shields only soak 1 damage.