Author Topic: System Wishlist v4  (Read 14110 times)

umtic

• Undead Slayer
Re: System Wishlist v4
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2024, 03:41:51 PM »
Not sure if it was already discussed, but would it be possible to add empty crafting supply bags to the different crafting vendors?

I'm thinking o Dvergeheim's forge in particular for mined mercury, but it might(?) be useful elsewhere.
Cheers

Does the mined mercury not go into the empty Miner's Sack you can buy already?

The cinnabar ore goes, but the mercury doesn't. That could also be a solution, to allow the mercury to go on the miner's bag.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 04:53:01 PM by umtic »
Save your char

umtic

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2024, 02:41:55 AM »
Another small suggestion, now that the bundle of sheets is back in the game:

Could it be possible to get one sheet of paper at a time?

Thanks!

And, please, consider adding the empty crafting bags to the dwarf on the Dvergeheim's forge ;)
Save your char

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2024, 03:29:16 AM »
please, consider adding the empty crafting bags to the dwarf on the Dvergeheim's forge ;)

From what i'm seeing the smith should be selling these allready

umtic

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2024, 09:05:47 AM »
I just double checked it again. He has miner's bag, but not empty crafting supplies bags (bundles). 

To be clear, I'm talking about Eikinskjald on the Dvergeheim's forge. The reason I'm asking for you to consider this addition is that sometimes we get back with a lot of cinnabar, and it would be nice to be able to store the (smelted) mercury on bags, since they don't go on the miner's bag.

Another option would be to allow mercury to go on the miner's bag.

Thanks!
Save your char

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2024, 08:28:29 AM »
Port Black Market - Dye merchant or add shady colours to a vendors inventory for the poor twists who can't source elsewhere.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2024, 08:55:24 AM »
Port Black Market - Dye merchant or add shady colours to a vendors inventory for the poor twists who can't source elsewhere.

There's already two crafting dummies in the Black Market.

I'll add Mercury to the list of items that can go in a Miner's Bag.

Cody

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Master
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2024, 02:51:14 AM »
Can we add Holy Sword and Sacred Heaven scrolls to Mugur Costinus' stock in the Refuge? Would be neat!

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2024, 03:14:25 PM »
Houlgrave's Bookstore is open during the night in Vallaki.  No doubt this is because of the rental in his basement, but it strikes me that it would be appropriate for him to have the bolted door transition thing at night, as the crafting hall and warehouse do.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2024, 09:15:55 PM »
Houlgrave's Bookstore is open during the night in Vallaki.  No doubt this is because of the rental in his basement, but it strikes me that it would be appropriate for him to have the bolted door transition thing at night, as the crafting hall and warehouse do.

Good idea. I'll implement that next update.

This has now been added.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #259 on: April 08, 2024, 01:37:33 AM »
A feature to allow the creator of crafted items to recycle them to get either some ingredients back, or selling of the item a percentage of the sum of purchasable ingredient gold cost back.

This would ease part of the learning/practice process for crafters making junk items to progress their crafting experience.

umtic

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2024, 08:10:47 AM »

This has now been added.

Thanks!
Save your char

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2024, 09:00:56 AM »
A feature to allow the creator of crafted items to recycle them to get either some ingredients back, or selling of the item a percentage of the sum of purchasable ingredient gold cost back.

This would ease part of the learning/practice process for crafters making junk items to progress their crafting experience.

That was often requested and discussed, but we will maintain our line and not implement this.

There is already a system allowing you to sell some crafted items to the NPC at the warehouse. It's there to help starting crafters a bit, but it's not meant to be profitable. There comes a point where most crafts become eminently profitable and we want to keep it fuelled by player economy. Until you reach that point, you can very easily ask for the support of richer characters. The money is readily available, that might come with RP strings attached, but that's the point.

We won't implement a system to scavenge crafting material, precisely because it would ease up the learning process. We already acted a lot to decrease the grind and make it easier overall, but we still need a system that slows down the rate of progression. The grind is the gate by which we make certain not everyone quickly becomes a master crafter. Until a system can be agree upon that would replace the grind (and you can trust that I do wish to get rid of it), we're stuck with it.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2024, 07:57:50 PM »
remove the " *Burp* " from drinking booze items in game please, or have it be a toggle.

If you're skilled, you can drink without burping! Gotta cancel that animation early.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2024, 10:25:28 AM »
Very minor QoL improvement with Petre. With the addition of the crafting dummies to customize outfits there is much less of a need for dyes to be purchased and thus little need for Petre to sell them. It's just one more click players have to do to get to the wares. I propose removing the dyes from Petre, and removing the secondary dialoge when asked to see his wares.

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2024, 04:34:26 PM »
Shield-on-the-back models for the accessory option.

Snapped Fingers

• Outlander
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2024, 09:44:14 PM »
The Aboleth Lair Dungeon should have a exit from it's end somewhere so people don't have to run all the way through to get out.