Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80062 times)

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2018, 02:48:35 AM »
Most of the features which were available with the "craft" skill have been replaced or modified as the crafting system we have presently. However, one feature that I remember from other servers was the possibility to disassemble traps into components.

I don't know if this is a feature from the original game, but adding a craft such as "Trap Disassembling", were you could collect essences of a strength based on the trap's DC could be a way to make trappers more popular.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2018, 10:12:11 PM »
Not sure if this should be written here, but:

The ability to play a wild mage. That is to say, a wizard/sorcerer who's every spell can cause a random effect. From turning himself into a chicken to calling an elder elemental!

I know it's possible to create something like it, I've seen it work in the Arelith server, but they seem to work on a different frame, and I doubt the sourcecode for it is just up for grabs.

Even so, it would be an awesome PRC, in my humble opinion. Could even ravenloft it up and make some (or most) of those random effects horrifying!

Probably a pipedream, though.

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2018, 09:18:22 AM »
Could more he added to the tailoring crafting. Maybe add other items, like cloth hats and cloaks. As it is, it's great for bards, but it's not a viable profession that could earn profit outside of selling to bards.
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »
Could more he added to the tailoring crafting. Maybe add other items, like cloth hats and cloaks. As it is, it's great for bards, but it's not a viable profession that could earn profit outside of selling to bards.

I am working on major upgrades to the crafting system right now. It should hit in game shortly after the HAK release. I am about 85% done but I'll wait until it's completed before announcing the coming additions.

It's not for tailoring yet, but that will be my next big project. Some ground work is already done, a complete overhaul of that craft that should see useful things for all classes. If all goes well expect it this summer.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Moshimo

« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »
Not sure if this has been suggested in the past or not but, I'd love to see a system in place that lets you legally communicate to other PC's from stealth. Currently the only option is using marks, and while that's fine, I often find myself having to wait for long periods of time for someone to even notice it on the ground, or even worse, they don't notice it at all and just walk away. Besides, marks are very limiting in terms of what kind you can leave. Perhaps a system similar to the "@voice" command could be put in play? It would definitely allow for some cool, spooky scenes. Not to mention it could help alleviate the "no-RP PVP" that comes with assassinations.

ExperimentAlpha

• New to the Mists
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2018, 02:05:05 PM »
Not sure if this is wip or not - 'Sticky Modes'. In short, moving slightly to adjust targets does not cancel your expertise/parry/flurry.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2018, 07:39:54 PM »
I heard rumors off and on of this in the works maybe but any chance for a cooking craft? Even if for the sole use of RP?

Covetous Magpie

• Outlander
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2018, 01:13:56 PM »
A more robust and powerful character description editing and writing system. The current one is quite limited in functionality and usage, and appears to arbitrarily cut off your ability to make additions.

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
I was watching someone play Garen in League of Legends and thought how cool it would be to have a spell effect go off when a Smite Evil or Smite Good successfully hits the target.  At most, this could be done three times a rest, so it wouldn't be too annoying.

VeeTpl

• giff RP pls
  • Undead Master
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2018, 04:49:37 PM »
A system for naming items in the inventory. Maybe restrict it to unenchanted only.
I always have a few outfits on my main character - I always recognize them by the grid visuals but it still would be nice to further differnentiate them.
Player of:
Yuliya Vorius

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2018, 01:44:50 AM »
A system for naming items in the inventory. Maybe restrict it to unenchanted only.
I always have a few outfits on my main character - I always recognize them by the grid visuals but it still would be nice to further differnentiate them.

+1. Since this can be done already with containers to some extent, I assume it's doable?

Also, I would like future haks to have the option of not releveling PCs when possible. For example, I saw a lot of new feats being asked for, mostly for druids and rangers. Rather than be a Negative Nelly, I would like to be enthusiastic about other classes having some new options (even if I'm personally "feated out"). It would be nice, therefore, if not every PC on the server had to be re-leveled every time, particularly if one's class and consequently build is largely unchanged.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2018, 02:16:02 AM »

+1. Since this can be done already with containers to some extent, I assume it's doable?

Also, I would like future haks to have the option of not releveling PCs when possible. For example, I saw a lot of new feats being asked for, mostly for druids and rangers. Rather than be a Negative Nelly, I would like to be enthusiastic about other classes having some new options (even if I'm personally "feated out"). It would be nice, therefore, if not every PC on the server had to be re-leveled every time, particularly if one's class and consequently build is largely unchanged.

While we're on the topic: it'd be nice if you could edit the description of crafted items in general. If someone takes the time to grind tailoring and make a dress, let them write their own little blurb about the dress. Same for a weapon, armor, whatever. Anything that isn't a consumable.

Juxtaposition

• Outlander
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »
For gilding, include cold-forged iron for +2 vs outsiders.

Yes, unreasonable, yes, doesn't work like that.

But regular cold-forged iron weapons are not up to snuff with gilded steel.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:47:36 PM by Juxtaposition »

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2018, 07:48:47 PM »
Being able to melt down crafted armor and weapons and have a chance to salvage some of the metal back.  Maybe get 50% back (IE: Full Plate requires 8 ingots to craft, melting it down would give you 4 ingots back)

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2018, 10:49:40 PM »
So, I was under the impression that the speed reductions you incur when you activate stealth or detect mode was hard-coded and could not be circumvented. The recent bug seems to indicate this is false, so I was thinking: why not add a feat that lets you run stealthily? Basically a feat (with a hide and move silently requirement) that grants you a second stealth mode which lets you run but applies a penalty to your overall stealth skills instead. That way you can switch between the two as needed.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2018, 11:36:00 PM »
All I can think of is stealth hasted rogues and stealth hasted extremely fast monks. Meanwhile detection attempts still will fire and roll only as often as they always have so this really puts a huge off balance in the precariously balanced stealth vs detector scale.

Moving in stealth rp wise requires such things as watching where you step so as to not break a twig etc. Paying attention so you don't step out of the shadows or crouching in long grass. Running seems completely the opposite of this.

Edit to add: not to mention ninja looting at a run
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:05:13 AM by Fearghas »

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2018, 12:15:40 AM »
Not to mention PvP, where often the only defense against a stealther is to run.  This also applies to countering information gathering as well.  For some folks and against some sneaks, this is literally the one and only defense they have.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2018, 11:09:27 AM »
Okay this is a little stupid but I was looking over the Monkey Island series again and thinking... What if POTM had insult-fu? As in a more complex taunt system...

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2018, 06:49:21 PM »
Changing the poison spells (Poison/Spider Poison) such that it can be used on a weapon, much like sonic weapon, flame weapon and other elemental buffs to a weapon. Along with a suggested duration: 1 round per caster level.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2018, 01:22:32 AM »
Might need a bit of discussion, but still putting it out here:

Opening doors without any sound, or canceling the door's sound script if the character opening it is in stealth mode. The stealth check (Hide/Move Silently with malus from touching an object) should still trigger though.

TheShadow

• New to the Mists
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2018, 12:30:27 PM »
I know it's possible, but I'm not sure if there's a reason it's not already implemented or desired.

Toggle-able feat based abilities, such as Expertise, Power Attack, Knock Down, etc. It's incredibly frustrating to try to trigger these abilities when you mean to use them, or just unreliable in general. For example, I might click on knock down, yet it may take 3-4 rounds before the attack is even made. Having it always up (at -4 or -5 ab or what have you) is preferable to me

Edit: Revanant got it it one. There are a LOT of things that just drop you out of your combat mode or trigger at wierd times. It is already possible to queue things such as knock down, or move while under expertise. Its just finnicky, and often irritating.

Implementing a small change would be a huge Quality of life improvement, in my eyes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:02:01 PM by TheShadow »

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
I know it's possible, but I'm not sure if there's a reason it's not already implemented or desired.

Toggle-able feat based abilities, such as Expertise, Power Attack, Knock Down, etc. It's incredibly frustrating to try to trigger these abilities when you mean to use them, or just unreliable in general. For example, I might click on knock down, yet it may take 3-4 rounds before the attack is even made. Having it always up (at -4 or -5 ab or what have you) is preferable to me

Power attack, expertise, dirty fighting etc. are already togglable. They will activate at the beginning of your next round if you're already in combat.

As for knock down and disarm, you're really better off having it be a one attack kinda thing that way you're instantly able to follow up with full ab attacks if you're successfully. Having them being togglable might be good though in some cases. I worry that it just might further encourage kd spam though.

Edit: You can also queue up multiple kd attacks if you really wanna make sure all your attacks are kd attempts
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:07:02 PM by Philos »

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2018, 01:33:50 PM »
It's possible that TheShadow is referencing "toggling" attack modes - such that if you move or perform other non-combat abilities, they'll remain ready for the next combat. I believe EE added the capability to do that, as I've seen it done elsewhere since the transition.
Vicerimus Mortem.

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2018, 04:43:40 PM »
Yeah, not having my power attack/expertise drop bc the enemy ran away would be pleasant. +1
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:40:55 PM by Philos »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »

Edit: Revanant got it it one. There are a LOT of things that just drop you out of your combat mode or trigger at wierd times. It is already possible to queue things such as knock down, or move while under expertise. Its just finnicky, and often irritating.

Implementing a small change would be a huge Quality of life improvement, in my eyes.

We’ll implement this.