Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80054 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »
Wooden signs added to carpenters portable kit, with perhaps @label being able to work on the furniture built.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
Hi!
So, an idea I had. (A)MPC Props.

I feel (A)MPCs could benefit from being able to place a limited number of props in the environment, to help with scene-setting and sowing general fear and terror.
These could include blood and gore spatters, heads on pikes, corpses and so on.
This could take the form of item-placables (like chests, birdcages and easels), which are non-recoverable when dropped, to prevent other players picking them up. The descriptions of these placables could be done using the @label command.

These items could be obtained either through a DM, or perhaps from a chest in some sort of (A)MPC only OOC area?

:)

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 06:28:52 PM »
These could include blood and gore spatters, heads on pikes, corpses and so on.

There are plenty of body parts already available. Not sure about the placeable blood/gore though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:33:58 PM by AnOldFriend »

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »
Some bardic stuff.

1. A  'music playing' emote, separate from 'Bardsong' ability. Would be a boon for my current 'magic-free' PC, but also perhaps for other non-bard performers.

2. A greater variety of musical instruments with a bonus to perform, including panpipes, flutes, guitars, harps and the oriental instruments (if the animations ever get fixed on those), it need not be anything over +1 or +2, though a couple of higher ones would be great also.

3. In light of Bards' affiliation with culture and language-related knowledge, perhaps a new feat allowing them to learn an additional 1-2 languages. It may have a number of per-requisites, like perhaps a minimum Bard level, minimum INT (and/or CHA) stat 12/14+ and perhaps a minimum Lore skill, or whatever else it may feel necessary to balance it out. From where I stand, it would be an aid in RPing the performer's immersion in various cultural traditions.

4. An item which would permit for recording and playback of actual tunes IG.  If there is an interest in implementing this, I may actually have certain resources that may help facilitate it.
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Ob

• Undead Slayer
  • http://i42.tinypic.com/8ys3si.gif
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
I don't have any chars with a PRC, however, one day maybe I will and on that day it'd be nice to see some items with bonus spell slots for those PRC classes (those that have their own spell list) that function the same way that the Caliban Rangers Gloves, Gauntlets of the Fallen Paladin, Amulet of Thoth, 'etc do.
Characters: 

Kolos - Drains Crew Boss (Shelved)
Vog - Dvergheim Dwarf (Shelved)
Cezar Pochev - Barovian Ne'er-do-well (Dead)
Oszkar Voros - Gundarakite Ne'er-do-well (Shelved)
Corneliu Popovici - Garda

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »
I think this is scriptable, would be useful for every character from the very beginning and available to everyone.

Combat mode called "Fight Defensively" and when activated incurs a -4 penalty on all attacks to gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC.

Essentially its a worse version of Expertise, does not require Intelligence, or use of a feat, and can be used by anyone. Its in the rules that NWN is based on, so I did not make it up and I think it would be a fine addition for when a person is out-matched and is trying to stay on their feet a while longer.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »
Will be good if @label can work also on items/claims.
It can work as showing price of item which player offer to sell or it can work as short reminder for what/who this item.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
  • Crazy Motherf**ker named Strahd
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 10:46:16 AM »
Pack ox stables added to the Wachter Outpost, please and thank you?
Baern Blackbanner  - Dwarven Door

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »
I always just played it off like, "I think it's this, but I'm not sure"
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 10:59:16 PM »
System of Crafting for Bullets. It might be beneficial to have these items be able to also be utilized for gun crafting as  the means to make powder  is available but no shells.

This said is there a way to add with the powder creation the ability to make explosive tip arrows or grenades? We once had dwarven bombs and fire bombs was not sure why they were removed or mia but is it possible to implement these items?

Also a chitin crafting system for weapons, shields,  and projectiles might be interesting for those who want to rp away from metal.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »
If I recall, the fire bombs were OP and that's why they were removed. As for chitin shields, that's already a thing. You can either craft a metal shield using chitin instead of wood, or you can make shields with just straight chitin. Not sure how it would work for weapons and arrows though... but maybe a limited selection of bone or flint weaponry and arrows, since some of them already exist in the game anyways.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:14:29 PM by Jeebs »

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2017, 12:26:24 AM »
Yeah, the grenades where a bit broken. I'm fairly certain it had the same effects as incendiary cloud (an 8th circle spell). Maybe adding something like an oil bomb that does Wall of Fire might be more inline with the power level of spells in item form.

A possible crafting recipe could be Bear Grease and a Fire Essence made from alchemy. Stronger essences giving a higher caster level on the item.

Vel Karsh

• New to the Mists
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »
Adding XP gain to crafting message

It would be nice if the message when you craft actually said how much XP you receive.

You can subtract your crafting XP before from after, but that requires resting twice, drilling down into menus, and knowing where to look.

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »
I'd like to see some wild edibles that spawn throughout the world. It'll be a good food source for nature types like druids, rangers, and barbarians.
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer

Truth_USMC

• Undead Master
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2017, 01:17:48 PM »
Making tents give cold damage resistance if you get inside one in a cold saving throw area?  Is that possible or perhaps something similar done already?
'Smile, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet" -Marine saying

harlock

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2017, 04:08:36 PM »
Anti ninja looting system.
Completely remove hide and invisibility when looting items. The little penalty looting gives is nothing.
There's a rule about respect of other players, ninja looting is sign of disrespect for the rest of the community and should be disabled.
If i'm not wrong this is party based rp server, or want to be such, ninja looting on the other hand is solo type game play that ruins other players experience.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »
Anti ninja looting system.
Completely remove hide and invisibility when looting items. The little penalty looting gives is nothing.
There's a rule about respect of other players, ninja looting is sign of disrespect for the rest of the community and should be disabled.
If i'm not wrong this is party based rp server, or want to be such, ninja looting on the other hand is solo type game play that ruins other players experience.

Ninja-looting is a valid form of play on potm.

It is a perfectly legitimate reason to engage someone in PvP as well though, if you catch them. Just make sure the PvP guidelines are followed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:22:49 PM by FinalHeaven »

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2017, 05:05:18 PM »
IMO this is not an appropriate thread for such a discussion.

The thread below implies the subject has been beaten to death:

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=29366.msg518299#msg518299

(Read the last few posts there.)

I've never ninja-looted, although I was once accused of it and summarily PVP'd (the player later apologized for the mistake).

I think certain kinds of ninja-looting could result in PVP (e.g., you are in the middle of killing monsters and someone sneaks in and grabs the loot while you're fighting them), but I don't find it (in the general case) so reprehensible as many here seem to. Sneaking and stealing things from monsters rather than killing the monsters and taking their stuff...that seems perfectly reasonable IC behavior without the character having to be a complete jerk otherwise. A good character probably should be more motivated by killing monsters than getting treasure unless the treasure is then put to a good cause. But I don't see it as inherently evil or antisocial behavior at all.

I mean, wouldn't you classify Indiana Jones as a ninja looter?

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:04:52 PM by DrXavierTColtrane »
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

harlock

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »

It is a perfectly legitimate reason to engage someone in PvP as well though, if you catch them. Just make sure the PvP guidelines are followed.

I'm not saying it's not legit, i'm saying it's ruining other's people game experience. When i go inside a dungeon and all doors are open, monsters attack me from the end of the dungeon and and chests are empty it's disrespectful to me not against the rules and since they disrespect me they may see me cursing and wishing for someone to cut off the hands of ninja looters so they stop ruining my game experience.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »
You have to keep in mind though, it is a realistic situation to face as well. That your character will arrive somewhere to find someone's already stolen everything of worth and rallied up all the dangerous beasties inside. On that note, in all my time on potm I can count the number of times a place has been ninja looted before I arrived on one hand. With how frequently the dungeons reset, it's not as much of an issue as it could be. And if you do happen to stumble onto a place that has been recently looted. Make up some ic excuse to leave for like 15 mins, and then come back when it has reset.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »

I'm not saying it's not legit, i'm saying it's ruining other's people game experience. When i go inside a dungeon and all doors are open, monsters attack me from the end of the dungeon and and chests are empty it's disrespectful to me not against the rules and since they disrespect me they may see me cursing and wishing for someone to cut off the hands of ninja looters so they stop ruining my game experience.

Honestly in the years I've played here, I think I've probably done more dungeons than the "average" player.  I do a lot of dungeons.  And I also ninjaloot.  And only a very, very, very FEW times ever when either looting OR dungeoning, have I gotten to an area that was already cleared out by another ninjalooter.  This is because for you to get there and there be no loot, you have to arrive within like 15 minutes of the other PC leaving the area.  Odds are, that isn't going to happen in random dungeons other than the ML crypts.  (And if you ARE talking about the ML Crypts, I really wouldn't use that as the 'standard' for what you'll experience because that dungeon is particularly chaotic due to the high new character count who are just running around looting everything not nailed down)

Talking to other players who have been a round a while and dungeon a lot, they seem to have similar experiences.  From all the data I've been able to gather, this is seriously a less than 1% type situation.  It's frustrating, but hardly a game ruining problem considering it's not likely to repeatedly happen to you.  If it is, perhaps you've just made a specific sneak angry or something and he's doing it to you on purpose since he probably can't fight you  :lol:

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »
Ninja looting is a subject that have been covered completely many times already. You should try the link posted above if you want to know more about Ninja Looting on this server Harlock.

I'll post it here again for you http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=29366.msg518299#msg518299

Also, let's try not to sidetrack to much here, this thread is for Wishes, let's stick to that and make more wishes!!! :D

If you want to speak more about ninja looting, you can always post in the old ninja looting thread linked above ;)
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

harlock

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2017, 07:30:47 AM »
yes sorry for my second post... should just stay in topic "system wishlist" and just state my wish for ninja looting to be removed.

Greengrowl

• New to the Mists
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »
Not sure if mentioned here before, most likely, but I'd love an option somewhere in the rest menu to Injure myself or take away a set amount of HP, for those times when only floaty words and actions are hurting you, and not monsters..

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2017, 07:53:19 AM »
This one it's for the Garda! I'd like to see the cooking pot in the mess hall of the citadel to spawn food. It could be much like the crate in the kitchen of the ml sanctuary in the slums, but it could spawn some of the new Barovian dishes like stews and mush. That way, when the Garda are there hanging out, they can actually pull food out of the pot rather then pretend to.
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer