Author Topic: Tepestani & Forfarian pantheons added in the Roleplay Resources.  (Read 2242 times)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Tepestani & Forfarian pantheons added in the Roleplay Resources.
« on: September 02, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »
Long overdue, I've added all available canon information regarding the Tepestani and Forfarian pantheons in the appropriate section.

Here
Here

PM me if you notice any mistakes or omissions and I'll correct them.

Feel free to ask your questions here if you have any.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Tepestani & Forfarian pantheons added in the Roleplay Resources.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »
A few suggestions and questions

1.) In the tepestani section, instead of having the God's alignment, perhaps have descriptions of the different gods. I say that because some might not get the fact that Tepestians do NOT see Dianchet as the God of Healing but instead the god of sickness and disease.

2.) How come there is no information from that adventure set in Tepest in the Tepestani section?

3.) You forgot about the druidic revival among the forfarians.

4.) As with the Tepestani pantheon, I would include in the Gods section more information then just basic stats.

5.) what about Tespetiani and Forfarian Prayers and rituals that it mentions they do and I would assume would be useful for players to include in their RP.

6.) I would also try and keep the two pantheons seperate and indicate that. Because despite having similar god names their faiths are not really that much alike.

If i get any more suggestions and questions I will post here. :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:38:51 PM by herkles »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Tepestani & Forfarian pantheons added in the Roleplay Resources.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 03:50:21 PM »
A few suggestions and questions

1.) In the tepestani section, instead of having the God's alignment, perhaps have descriptions of the different gods. I say that because some might not get the fact that Tepestians do NOT see Dianchet as the God of Healing but instead the god of sickness and disease.

Because of the alignment restriction on Clerics. Players need to know what alignments are allowed for their character. Diancecht is perceived as the god who created illness, but as the god of healing nonetheless because "he seeks to correct the errors of his ways".

2.) How come there is no information from that adventure set in Tepest in the Tepestani section?

Because there is very little relevant information in that module. Whatever is included in the gazetteer covers it all.

3.) You forgot about the druidic revival among the forfarians.

You err here. A revival of the old gods worship is not a revival of druidism. The 3rd edition material is quite specifc that almost all druids will worship Daghda or Belenus, with other gods having regular clerics. It's not an hard restriction, so you can still be a druid of Diancecht if you wish, but it would be very very unlikely.

4.) As with the Tepestani pantheon, I would include in the Gods section more information then just basic stats.

I would if further information was available. I've already included in the thread all the canon information available in Ravenloft products.

5.) what about Tespetiani and Forfarian Prayers and rituals that it mentions they do and I would assume would be useful for players to include in their RP.

Same as previous answer. I f I missed something about that let me know I'll add it.

6.) I would also try and keep the two pantheons seperate and indicate that. Because despite having similar god names their faiths are not really that much alike.

I am fairly certain that notice is the first thing I mentioned in both threads. But they are very much reflection of the real Celtic pantheon, in the sense that from a region to another, the same gods may be worshiped although in very different ways.

If i get any more suggestions and questions I will post here. :)

All suggestions welcome. But remember, canon information from Ravenloft sources only.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.