You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: How to set up NWN to run as a window?  (Read 1394 times)

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
How to set up NWN to run as a window?
« on: September 02, 2016, 04:52:17 AM »
Hi All

When I run the program it more or less takes over the computer and goes full screen, not allowing me to reduce the size of the screen to a window so that I can play in one window and check/post on the forums with the other.

Also, if I do end up leaving the screen (my computer will occasionally will minimise they NWN to nothing throwing me back to my desktop... if I do ANYTHING on my desktop then switching back to NWN, the game will not respond to anything.

Looking for ideas how to have the game open in a window and hope this will allow for smoother game play.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Hlot

• Undead Slayer
Re: How to set up NWN to run as a window?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 05:07:09 AM »
ALT + Enter or search for ini file options or use command syntax on game shortcut. Alternatively you can try to use a script for borderless windowed mode but I don't have it at hand.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:36:38 AM by Hlot »

Weyland

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 05:10:24 AM »
Edited to add:  I suggest backing up your nwn.ini before making any changes (just in case).

Open nwn.ini with whatever text editor.  Under the section [Display Options] make sure these two lines are present:

Code: [Select]
FullScreen=0
AllowWindowedMode=1

Also, you can set the window size in the same section:

Code: [Select]
Height=900
Width=1440
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:16:56 AM by Weyland »

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 06:28:12 AM »
Spamming alt-tab can help when nwn freezes because of doing something on the desktop.

Building out off the mists