You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Characters stuck in main hall  (Read 1401 times)

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Characters stuck in main hall
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:24:13 AM »
A few random characters are getting stuck upon logging in @ the OOC main hall. I checked 4 of mine - two were stuck and 2 weren't. DM Strigoi was able to release them with the fix tool, but I don't believe anyone has reported the problem here yet. The people who are getting stuck trigger the following scripting error just after they log in:

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Re: Characters stuck in main hall
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 02:16:20 AM »
Effecting both my characters, same error showing as well except mine is "fffffab5".

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »
Miuo to the left of me

Mika! to the right of me

Stuck in the Main Hall with you.

[Not really stuck. Just a dopey Reservoir Dogs reference :) ]
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 02:07:19 PM »
This is on the top of my list right now, just need to get a free time slot to fix it, so hang in there!

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 03:51:51 AM »
Do these messages still pop up and can you list the names of the characters you've had cause it and roughly the time it occurred?

Also, what messages did you received when logging in other than seeing the cmd_pc_update error?

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 05:32:11 AM »
Do these messages still pop up and can you list the names of the characters you've had cause it and roughly the time it occurred?

Also, what messages did you received when logging in other than seeing the cmd_pc_update error?

The messages and lockdowns don't seem to be happening any longer, but they did start a few days ago, stop after a reset, then start again a few resets later.

Times and characters seemed to be random, I couldn't figure out anything matching them, but they were happening quite quickly at high traffic times. Alandor 'Nazusin, Perdiot Olivene, Mixtli Darkcloud, Rand Browning, quite a few others I don't think I can remember, there were probably about 20 over two days there.

The cmd_pc_update errors were the only message people were telling me about, the only thing changing between them was the fffffXXX.