Within the swirling Mist (IC) > Tales Around the Campfire

Kindred Night

(1/3) > >>

Alan Hunter:
As the rain falls and the first night where no moon rises he awakens. Adrian Dundragon left the Lady's Rest swiftly in the between of night and day secluding himself to a cave he had prepared himself. In the silence of the night comming deep with in the cavern he knelt to the comming night and when it was full he bowed his head welcoming it.

"Of the deepest pitch, the darkest of black, beauty of eternal night I call your name oh goddess of bitter vengeance. Shar my beloved lady whom no other fills my heart achingly how I miss thy praise among the throng of light which keeps you away from me. Your humble servent Adrian Dundragon welcomes you to this world of fearful night.  Treasurer of secrets and biterness I have found a woman to loathe a gunderkite whose slight holds me closer to you. Under my wing a moon child who I will bring to your side. To those whom trust me not know how I nurture you by subterfuge. I have drawn some to me in trust not in hope but in desire to fullfill thier own needs and your. Little do they know our ambitions for me to rise in thier society to subvert them to you.

I pray my loving goddess this appeases you soon I hope to demolish what the gunderkite loves and holds dear by turning her own actions upon herself. In thier grief and lust for vengeance I have found one name Mal who will serve your desire as my token to you. I wil help fester his desire for Medea's death inadvertantly telling him how the same people who loathe him the Garda can help him by telling them she is a witch of vraja using the guise of a civil man of law.  Oh my goddess I love the night here filled with its dark beauty your beauty has no other it pains me when the moon is full and you and your stars bleamished.

You have spared me that night as I prayed our enemies found in our manor attempting to slay my father for corrupting my mother from Selune. Yet they do not understand the kindred night is nothing to fear we all fall to the void sooner or later. So with this gift I grant you my secrets she who knows of lost, vengeance, who nulls the pain in my heart."

A hand trembles under the warmth of a body as Adrian softly smiled to the young gunderkite woman restrained in ropes at the center of the cavern surrounded by three stones of onyx set by purple flame.

"I will free you of your loss. Make you forget the pain you have suffered. In turn you will offer my words to my goddess as my messenger and she will grant you eternal peace in the quiet night."

Though he was not as chaotic and disorderly as most clergy of Shar Adrian believe in law the opposite of sharites but he believes in the order of Shar and thus through this subterfuge he will bring his goddes to this world and again be at peace.

Alan Hunter:
What was there to be spoken but thebsilent promises of admiration. Dracos von Nightscape was not as popular or known merely a cleric whose aid to the lesser of the communities spark nobility in his grace. But this night before the pitchest black he sang the soft dark distant melody secretively away from prying eyes. To his goddess he bless by destroying four items representing the moon and Selune. He had grsnt a desperate and dieing man his final wishes of vengeance and relief of pain his course to appease his Shar had gone well. Even in this realm she blessed him with strength but the work was not done he needed followers.

Some who travel the night can hear distant singing soft an deep spoken always never seen but frightfully peaceful. Rumors spread thatbthe cultist priest of the Avenging Goddess has brought some joy and peace of mind from the pain they suffer offering wisdom in being avenged and easing the pain to ones soul to those that accept.

Alan Hunter:
Adrian Dundragon sat with in the cave surrounded by the purple flames with onyx gems with in them lightning the cave in an eerie purple glow. Deep with in the cavern in solitude with the shadows he summoned Adrian listen to the whispers they muttered catching the information they lent him. Before him burning slowly was the sacred Tome of Ezra he had fond sold to Petre as well as the robes one of hers had fallen and given Adrian a gift to his goddess. Listening he caught wind of the slights of the people from the shadows. Most intriguing Adrian had caught wind of the murder in the Ladys Rest at first he was puzzled to hear the message was for the Hero of Vallaki. In a long time anbexpression fell on his face. He genuinely smiled and seemed elated an odd sound escaping his lips it was laughter humor echoing the walls. A man of tradition and laws the slight was aimed for a Heronof Vallaki this was a title used to represent his work. Though there were others who used such titles this presented a unique oppurtunity of manipulation something to unsettle the populace of heroes and to disturb the order of Vallaki. Though he preffer not such a chaotic away like most priests this inadvertent circumstance placed Adrian in a position to further his faith and have those believe in Shar. Truly two blessings ine one day in his favor was a sign the lady of the eternal silence was strong in this world. Now he must construct a letter that would entice thier fury and send the people begging for vengeance seeking thier slight. Truly Lupinus was right patience granted oppurtunity and now he had it. The vampires and werewolves would make make notable allies to further deciminate Vallaki. And soon even turn down the Iron Sons. Removing the quill from his pouch Adrian prayed to Shar in grace for this new task. Soon his letter copied with magic would be given to shadows to post during the night descretely through the out skirts and city.

"Heroes stalwart individuals who valiantly challenge that we can not. Where are you? A family lays dead slaughter by the night of that which rends and that which drinks blood. Yet you of hope cower from the sight. That which would slay an innocent family to make an example are poor but even poorer are those that are Heroes that boast as defenders do not stand to fight. Those that tried now turn tale in fear of the night, those who are the Sons of Barovia host a tournament yet are not here to defend us.  What is left our Garda are those carrying the innocently slain and murdered to burial. Heroes.... Hope put not effort in these things. Put no effort in those that will not aid us. But for those slighted those wounded in pain and suffering there is a solution. She the goddess of Vengeance and Ease of Suffering sends you her prayers which will relieve you remove you of your sorrow.  You are n9t alone in suffering I too feel your pain. My heart aches at the lost of this family who need not have died. With those seeking wisdom of the goddess, who seek ease of thier suffering, who have been slighted and need guidance I Dracos von Nightscape shall tend to you. Her priest will grant blessings and sooth you. And you Hero of Vallaki step forward wherever you may be."

With a smirk Adrian gave the letters to the summon children of Shar to place descretely among the outskirts. He assume some would be mad others would seek him out peasants uncertain will seek him thier superstition would take root. He did expect it may backfire a little either the monsters or the Iron Sons may intervene upon him but paws protect him by one and the goddess would aid him with the other. Soon soon his beloved goddess would be revered.

Alan Hunter:
Swell of moving shadows by the purple flames set in a pentagram mimic the mocement of Adrian tonight he sacrificed a Barovian male in offering to Shar. The young mqn had offended a family by stealing the innocance of thier daughter wrongfully having forced himself upon her. The family had beseech Dracos hearing rumors of the Avenging Mother. The station of the boys famiy had rendered him sligytly untouchable but with his connections in the Drain and of others it was a simple task of paralyzing the boy with fear.

The form of the man lay bare three books of three religions upon his chest. Ezra, Morning Lord, Hala 5hese faiths would draw from his mistress strengths but he woul not allow it. The fact his nemesis Teodor had once again cheated death had spur Adrian to consider Radkov's offer and so drapping the garm of Ezra over the man did Adrian pray. Dark malevelont shadows shrouded over the trembling gagged form and swiftly sap the strength of the man withering the body to a husk berthing a new shadow whose wail matched its owner.

The religious items would burn away with the body as he offered the destroyed relics and sacrifice praying to Shar to avenge the family and to avenge him against Teodor so his revenge is complete.
"By the will and way of a Shar I swear I will be avenged. Now go child of darkness find what secrets you may of my enemy so he may suffer as I have suffered. "

Alan Hunter:
Slights the ever slow wounds that fester within drove Adrian mad. There were two exceedingly reknown individuals that deserved his ire and Adrian was no closer to his vengeance than his day before. The corruption and societal tipping in thr Muncipility of Vallaki did not need Shar. Everyday the Garda were on thin wires losing its place of peace. Corruption like the Ursa Mercantile using its defamatory honor on the bodies and souls of outlanders to acbieve its goals was almost worthy. How it plagued and sicken him that he, Adrian, wish to claim the death of thier child.

But it did bring him some joy that the carelessness and r3ckless nature of the 3 gunderkite and barovian could be used to his advantage. He would have to speak with Radkov he felt th3 man could be a great asset to the church. Personal endeavuers had to wait Adrian needed to become stronger more influential. He debated Radkovs suggestion to leave Vallaki and grow in Dementlieu. Nobility and prestige can easily be earned among the educated rsther than the simpletons of a dung ridden outskirt but to Adrian it would feel like retreating. How sorrow filled him to have worshippers again....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version